• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you guys disassemble your Ruger 10/22s???

GunKnowledge

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Tempe, AZ
www.gunknowledge.com
Anything like this? Probably not with all the talking to yourself in the beginning...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3QMJAN64xI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3QMJAN64xI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

So I'm working on a series of disassembly videos for various firearms (up to 5 models so far), and here's the 10/22 one uploaded. I got some feedback on earlier videos, about doing something that other people aren't, so I tried to include some history and interesting facts with this one.

For you 10/22 owners out there, lets hear it, no hard feelings, criticize away. <span style="color: #FF0000">What did I do wrong, what do you do better, overall video quality from 1-10?</span>

Re: How do you guys disassemble your Ruger 10/22s???

Overall it looks good. Maybe a little long with the history section in the front, but I'm sure some people will like that.

I would suggest not using a graphite lubricant. Graphite helps promote corrosion of aluminum. Not terribly important in the short term, but over several years of use, it will be a problem.

Maybe less time on the history and use that time to remove/reinstall the barrel?

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRucker2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest not using a graphite lubricant. Graphite helps promote corrosion of aluminum. Not terribly important in the short term, but over several years of use, it will be a problem. </div></div>

blush.gif
Had no idea, DEFINITELY important info...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe less time on the history and use that time to remove/reinstall the barrel?

Keith </div></div>

Good idea on barrel, I'm thinking of making a separate video for just the barrel, but need to find a different barrel to make the swap with.
laugh.gif