• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How do you guys mark your gear?

Dezelrig

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Arvada, Colorado
Rear bags, kestrel, and anything that gets stacked on the ready line behind the shooting positions at stages?

Do you send bags and nylon gear to an embroidery shop, or just sharpie the shit out of everything?

656d26d6-9010-4d3c-b2e2-a7463993e824_1.a3127d4d5bde358d03188cc0d9aba92d.jpeg

R

Trust no one and keep your gear on you and your rifle within arms reach.

Great advice. I shoot in quite a few oilfield related sporting clays events. It's usually the same large crowd every time, everyone know everyone. It's common practice to leave your shotgun sitting around in a rack unattended. I'll never forget that one time when someone's $8K shotgun got lifted while no one was looking.

Sharpie on the pliable stuff, label maker tags with last name and cell number on everything else...

This is PRS, not a combat zone. If we can't trust the shooters around us to be honest, then we have a lot more to worry about with this sport than just lost gear.

True that, but no need to make it simple for someone to "confuse" your gear with theirs. Removing some of the temptation is not a bad thing.

This is PRS, not a combat zone. If we can't trust the shooters around us to be honest, then we have a lot more to worry about with this sport than just lost gear.
Just because someone is a “ shooter” it doesn’t make them honest.....

There are thieves and assholes in every community....... leave a nice Rolex watch unattended at a match and guranteed it’ll get nabbed when no ones looking...... he’ll, I can’t leave a pack of fig newtons unattended at a match without them vanishing.

Another thing is stuff gets lifted accidentally.....

Honestly, all of our gear looks the same.....everyone has black or tan pelican cases.... everyone has tan Molle packs...etc. it’s very easy for someone to grab the wrong pack and toss it in a car.

Had that happen at a match one time in PA... team went down with 12 cases.... end of the match we loaded up the van.... realized we only had 11 cases...... turned out the team that was set up next to us accidentally nabbed one of our cases thinking it was theirs...... fortunately we found it pretty quick... but shit happens.

There are thieves and assholes in every community....... leave a nice Rolex watch unattended at a match and guranteed it’ll get nabbed when no ones looking...... he’ll, I can’t leave a pack of fig newtons unattended at a match without them vanishing.

Honestly, all of our gear looks the same.....everyone has black or tan pelican cases.... everyone has tan Molle packs...etc. it’s very easy for someone to grab the wrong pack and toss it in a car.

Had that happen at a match one time in PA... team went down with 12 cases.... end of the match we loaded up the van.... realized we only had 11 cases...... turned out the team that was set up next to us accidentally nabbed one of our cases thinking it was theirs...... fortunately we found it pretty quick... but shit happens.
I don't currently mark my stuff with full name and phone number, but it's not a terrible idea. Many a match, we end up with some piece of gear or another that someone left at a stage and unless it's particularly unique or otherwise marked we have no idea who left it there.

Reactions: dinc3
Sharpie and label maker. Although a label can easily be peeled off, I’m more or less just trying to prevent a mix up of equipment. If someone wants to steal something and has the means they will do it. A bike lock only prevents the opportunist, not the guy that comes prepared with bolt cutters.

Reactions: MarinePMI

I think you're missing my point...

I draw big cocks with throbbing veins and showers of cum shooting out of them on everything I own.

No one takes any of it.

Just make sure you follow the TM.....

enhance.jpg

and if need be just self portrait....

enhance (1).jpg

with credits to USMCSGT0331

Reactions: echo6tango
You gotta be one balsy mother fucker to try to lift a 10k weapon system from a match where everyone knows who’s rifle is who’s and everyone is armed. At least at our matches if you are not a regular you are watched closely until you prove yourself.

All my stuff is marked with a Silver or Black Sharpie even my RRS tripod and my ACIS mags.

At my first NRL22 match I was using a MKII. I had 1 10 round mag.

As we moved stages, one of the guys was panicked because someone took his CZ mag. After about 5 minutes of him running around and thinking he was a spaz, I found HIS CZ mag in my pocket.. Opps.. Now, I realize that someone actually took my 10 round MKII mag.. So now I am shooting the match with a 5 rounder.. Ya, I am kinda pissed someone took my mag. After the match, it still does not turn up, even after I ask everyone..

I found the asshole that started the hole mess... a couple of days later, after I took MY hoodie out of the drier! Yep, asshole is as asshole does, thats me.. I did however own up to it at the next match... Now my Vudoo mags are less prevalent.

Reactions: dinc3 and lash
Yeah wish I would have been labeling my stuff. My T1 on a KAC Mount walked off from a match a few weeks ago.....

Was at a match years ago, and while out on the course someone broke into my truck and stole all my cleaning gear, gunsmith kit, extra ammo, Leica Binos. It was over $2k worth of stuff. Still pisses me off to this day. I've been robbed so many times I've developed trust issues...

Laser engraver. I can engrave in tight places where it isn't noticed so they don't try and wash or grind it off.

I shot competition around the world but not tactical rifle shooting. In 25 years of competition I only recall one instance of a gun coming up missing at a shoot. It was in Spain. Lifted over a stone wall from the outside by a non shooter we thought at the time IIRC. Very valuable shotgun. Sad to think we cannot trust shooters.

Sharpie. Cheap and works.