• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you load your bipod?

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
pushing forward?

neutral?

pulling back?

I've always done the slight forward load onto the bipod with pulling the buttstock into the pocket, but it's not always consistent. Was on a smooth metal table yesterday and the rubber feet would slide and not allow for a forward load. Shot neutral and made hits, but made me wonder too.

Occurred to me that a neutral or reverse load (backwards) might be more repeatable as pulling the bipod backward, you get a consistent mechanical stop point. Doubt it helps control recoil, but just thinking out loud.

Thoughts from more experienced shooters?

Depends on bipod, and depends on what shooting im doing.

Usually light load forward, i never pull it rearward. Sometimes netural, but if possible, ill load.

Reactions: Alabusa
I tiratori di classe F non caricano in alcun modo il bipiede, anzi, usano ogni accorgimento per far scivolare i piedi.
I ragazzi più tattici che sparano ai gong di solito caricano sul bipiede. Mi piace quest'ultima tecnica e ottengo buoni risultati anche quando scatto con la classe F.
Sicuramente caricando il bipiede si ha più controllo del rinculo e si ha una visione dell'impatto, tuttavia si possono trasmettere pressioni diverse al fucile con la spalla e quindi risultati meno. Credo che per la massima precisione sia meglio un rinculo libero (vedi benchrest) sempre che il calibro lo permetta.
Un .338LM che non lascerei troppo libero...
Per il PRS è sicuramente meglio avere una visuale degli impatti, quindi caricare il fucile e contenere il rinculo

translated for effect:

Class F shooters do not charge the bipod in any way, on the contrary, they use every effort to slide their feet.

The most tactical guys who shoot gongs usually load on the bipod. I like the latter technique and I get good results even when I shoot with class F.

Surely by loading the bipod you have more control of the recoil and you have a vision of the impact, however you can transmit different pressures to the rifle with your shoulder and therefore results less. I believe that for the utmost precision it is better to have a free recoil (see benchrest) as long as the caliber allows it.

A .338LM that I wouldn't leave too free...

For the PRS it is definitely better to have a view of the impacts, then load the rifle and contain the recoil