• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing how do you remove the recoil pad?

yakimasubaru

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
fayetteville, AR. usa
hey guys dumb question but im a noob. How do you remove the recoil pad (or sholder pad) on a hs precesion pss stock? There are no screw holes or anything. am i just missing something?
Thanks

Re: how do you remove the recoil pad?

I am not sure about the present PSS stocks...The older stocks did have two Allen head screws attaching the spacer to the stock..If you take a pin and poke through the outside of the recoil pad about an 1 1/2 from the top and bottom centerline you will find the head of the screw .Once you locate the screw heads you can use an Allen wrench to take off the complete recoil pad with spacer with out screwing it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris112</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are epoxied on. Use a box type knife with a very sharp blade. </div></div>

On the older stocks they were screwed on and could be taken off without cutting . I found this out the hard way after trying to cut one off and nearly slicing my finger in half after the razor knife snapped because it came in contact with the allen head screw that was holding it together.

freeze it overnight, have hammer and sharp putty knife ready, remove stock and knock it off, there is a hollow cavity that I suggest you fill with lead shot and epoxy, a medium grind to fit Limbsaver combined with the added wieght makes a 700p a dream to shoot.