• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How do you set your zero stop?

I usually set it 2 Mils below zero, as I move scopes around periodically. It also helps to re-zero quickly at a match, if needed.

I know what it's for, and I hate it. It's a design flaw as far as I'm concerned, and I wish all my scopes had solid, true zero stops like NF. Any benefit gained is negated by not being able to twist it fast back to true zero, which is really all I care about. I'll hold under if I need to switch on the fly, I don't want any of that in the turret.

I set all of my scopes to 1 MOA under. I've seen too many "this shift doesn't have lash" high end scopes fail to return to a perfect zero. Dialing to stop and coming up 4 clicks takes an extra 1 second.

I get why guys like it for ammo changes or altitude changes, but I don't.

If I scope fails to perfectly return to zero it's broken, and I'm sending it back. Anyone who pays $3K for a scope that does not preform must be out their minds.

I'm not loosing stages because it takes me too long to return to true zero. I just find it annoying.