• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How Do You Ship A 60" Gun ?

Armored Transport

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2012
Looks like I may be picking up a LONG gun. If I can't make the LONG trip to pick it up I am going to have it shipped. I have been looking around Amazon World ect. for a case to buy for this brute that would be airline approved as well but I am having ZERO luck. Any and all help would be Great........Thank's

If possible just seperate the barreled action from the stock and get a 52" or longer case. Good luck.

I would build a wooded crate. 1x2's to support the corners and a light ply wood for the walls. Pack it so there is no play in the crate. I have done this in the past and it worked well. It does not need to be built like a tank, just strong enough so the firearm is not damaged in transit.
I have seen .50 BMG barrels shipped in cardboard boxes get destroyed in transit.

The 50BMG heavyguns guns are around 67 inches long with a K-P muzzlebrake.I ship mine in a military surplus stinger missile container.
I think the guy selling them is still around? Ponderosa Sports is his web store if I remember correctly.
I just looked and he is sold out but here is his ad.I would maybe do a search to see if anybody else is selling them.

Rocket Box .50 Cal Rifle Case - Outside dimensions - 66" Long x 13" Wide x 13.5" High, Inside dimensions - 60" Long x 11" Wide x 13.0" High. Weight - 46# One of the best rifle cases I have found is a STINGER GUIDED MISSILE box. It is a US Military aluminum case with seal and a pressure release valve. Heavy latches close it. There are two heavy handles, one on each end. The corners are 1" radius. The color is olive drab. The case hinges open in two clam shells. It already has very high density foam inserts that can be cut to fit most rifles. Wheels & locks are easily added.

SOLD

OUT

27A
Rocket Box .50 Cal Rifle Case - Outside dimensions - 76" Long x 14.5" Wide x 15.5" High, Clear inside dimensions - 74" Long x 10.75" Wide x 14.5" High. Weight - 60# This is the biggest rifle case I have found. It is a LASER MISSILE box. It is a US Military aluminum case with seal and a pressure release valve. 8 Heavy latches close it. There are 4 heavy handles, one on each corner. The corners are square. The color is olive drab. The case opens into two clam shells. There are six internal, removable, rubber shock mounts. Wheels & locks are easily added.