• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you use your support hand on barricades?

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
When shooting off barricades, what do you do with your support hand?

when I used to have a full length hand guard I used that with my hand partially on the edge of the barricade or bag the hand guard was on.

when I shoot my Bravo chassis without a guard, I pull down on the front of my scope (is this bad? the Razor sunshade is quite long, but I'm pulling on the front objective mostly)

What do you guys do? What works better for you?

Gamechanger under at magwell/balance point
Support hand gripping the GC, MPA siderail and home made post off the side.

I have a full modified ESR nightvision cover over the barrel. It has the rail removed and grip tape added.

I do place my hand on top of the scope resting on the grip tape there for some positions like a window sill.

Attachments

• 20210503_200103.jpg
    20210503_200103.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 145
Sorry got busy and couldn't give a real answer. I usually let the rifle balance as best it can and then with my offhand press some in from the side of stock or sometimes on the scope but it depends on the obstacle as what works on a standard barricade might not work off other things like tires or odd obstacles with no room around the rifle.

I have a full modified ESR nightvision cover over the barrel. It has the rail removed and grip tape added.

I do place my hand on top of the scope resting on the grip tape there for some positions like a window sill.

Where'd you get that full length bridge?

Depending on the type of prop, I trip the front bag and side rail, or top of the scope.

I tend to place it on top of the scope directly above the balance point and apply some downward pressure.

As my rifles are fairly light the downward pressure helps steady the rifle. Advantage to hand on the scope is it's little to no movement to adjust parallax or elevation.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I have a homemade stud that I “grip” with my thumb while the rest of my fingers grab and squeeze my bag. First year using it and so far I’m loving it.
2B3CA1D7-42C3-4E6F-93CC-E589128CDA71.png

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Wrap my hand around the front of my bag, thumb pressing down on my Snyder weights, or the adjustment knob on my Ckyepod, or rest it next to the rifle still pushing down on the weights.

I'm no pro shooter though.

Reactions: todd

How did you modify the rail and chassis to get the nvg bridge so far back?

I rest my palm and fingers against the side of the fore end. But arm not extended. Bend in the elbow. I noticed that if I extend my arm I start to blade my shoulders and am no longer square behind the rifle. And if I gripped or pushed on the rifle with my hand I would start manipulating NPA. So I just throw it on the bag, find NPA, and then rest my hand up front.

I avoid resting my hand on top of the optic as I have had poi shifts from the weight... so I try to rest with my hand running along the chassis or if it's a full length covered for end ill put my hand on that if it's necessary