• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do your macros breakdown as a percentage of you calories?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    How many of your calories come from Fats/Carbs/Protein and how does that look expressed as percentages? What are your training goal(s)?

For me: goal - clean bulk, ideally add 3-4lbs of lean mass by June

on average fat=45%/carbs =20%/protein=35%

Fat = 9 cals/gram
    Carbs = 4 cals/gram
    Protein = 4 cals/gram

Mostly endurance training on bicycles, some weights (2-3 sessions/week) to keep my body from falling apart. Typically aim for 33/33/33 splits, but it's often more like 40/30/30 with carbs occasionally going as high as 60% on race or heavy training days.

Mostly endurance training on bicycles, some weights (2-3 sessions/week) to keep my body from falling apart. Typically aim for 33/33/33 splits, but it's often more like 40/30/30 with carbs occasionally going as high as 60% on race or heavy training days.
    what sort of carbs?

what sort of carbs?

All the carbs.

Screenshot_20200228-111315.jpg

The real ugly stuff has be redacted for everyone's safety.

My diet is 2800 calories a day and 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein. I have good genetics and stay strong. My biggest goals are focused on being explosive but also having a gas tank that will allow me to hunt all day if needed. This mix has worked well for me.

My diet is 2800 calories a day and 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein. I have good genetics and stay strong. My biggest goals are focused on being explosive but also having a gas tank that will allow me to hunt all day if needed. This mix has worked well for me.
    how heavy are you?

I don’t track % as much as I do total gram goals but mine come out pretty close to even as well most of the time. However, my metabolism just isn’t great so anything over about 2100 calories a day just turns to fat regardless of the composition. And to cut I’ve got to get down to about 1600 a day with a higher ratio of protein, less carbs.

how heavy are you?
    210. On days I’m active I’m very active. I’m not trying to get any heavier but I’m also not loosing weight at that calorie setup. That puts me at 13 calories per pound of body weight. I can gain pretty easy by going to 3000 a day. Typically my calorie per pound of body weight is desired weight x 14 or 15=calorie target.

I have no idea anymore..used to be 25/25/50....I stopped measuring my and started changing ratios all to hell.

kinda don’t want to know if I’m being honest...it’s working though

bench

@benchmstr

So, you just eat what you want/need?
    I was in the maintenance stage for a long time due to a rotator cuff tear...so, I would measure out my food to stay within a healthy weight because I will depression eat if I don't.

So, when I was given the go ahead to workout again I started adding a little bit more food every week....and now protein is taking up the bulk of my calories vs carbs and fat is the same...I never get fat or anything...but I want to stay lighter these days...do more running..shit like that.

I'm never going to do another meet, but I will always lift in a powerlifting format and well as a ton of accessory work and cardio... I stick pretty much to the vertical diet...but I do get eat toast with my breakfast....it's more of a comfort thing.

Bench

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver
    Gottcha. Yeah I too am doing the Vertical diet as well, though I need to get the actual e-book and adhere to it better. I also lift primarily lift in a powerlifting focus with running mixed in due to needing to stay in shape.

Gottcha. Yeah I too am doing the Vertical diet as well, though I need to get the actual e-book and adhere to it better. I also lift primarily lift in a powerlifting focus with running mixed in due to needing to stay in shape.
    I have known stan for a while, he is a good dude. The vertical diet approach fixed a lot of shit that was wrong with me....even if I lost muscle and strength on it (which I didn't) I would still continue it just due to how good I feel on it.

bench

Reactions: PBWalsh
    I like Stan and I like his diet. Focusing on micronutrients instead of macronutrients is pretty smart as most of the world is stuck on macros alone.

The blood testing component is what opens the world of micronutrient deficiencies to the user.

How can you wrong with rice and ground beef.

After this morning's mountain bike ride:

Screenshot_20200516-160117.png

Looking forward to reading about what I'm doing wrong :LOL:

Depends on what your goals are. If I had to take a guess from your two posts I’d imagine you probably do fine on having enough energy to get through workouts but you aren’t very cut. More like moderately athletic looking with a bit of a soggy middle. 😜

Quite a few processed sugars. You opposed to whole, natural food?

Opposed? No. But there is a practicality aspect when it comes time to stuff the CamelBak.

Depends on what your goals are. If I had to take a guess from your two posts I’d imagine you probably do fine on having enough energy to get through workouts but you aren’t very cut. More like moderately athletic looking with a bit of a soggy middle. 😜

Reasonably accurate assessment. Goals are being satisfied - being "cut" is not the priority.

Also, in case it's not brutally obvious, this is not a normal day for me. The fuel is matched to the task.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rerun7