• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How does a Woox stock/chassis feel?

Mark_Dorman

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
Portland, OR
I was wondering about people's experience with Woox Stocks/Chassis. To be specific, what do they really feel like? They are marketed as a Chassis, but they seem more like a hybrid design similar to a Manners (with Mini Chassis). I've learned through experience I personally don't love the feel of all aluminum chassis and have really been enjoying the feel of the Manners stocks (have one for our CZ and Vudoo). However, the Manners available for the 10/22 doesn't fit my needs. I've been searching for other options and Woox seems like it might work for me.

I reached out to Woox and found out they can pretty much mix and match any inlet with any buttstock and forend. I kind of figured this was possible as their whole system looks modular and they offer a custom stock configurator. They just haven't added the newer model front ends to it. So discussed the options and I think their 10/22 chassis with the Exactus buttstock and Furiosa Ultra forend would work well for me.

I would mainly like to know if it's going to end up feeling a little more like a hybrid stock in terms of feel, shot resonance, etc, or if it will still feel like a giant tuning fork (like many chassis). I've read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos, but haven't heard anyone say if they feel more like a stock or a chassis in terms of shooting feedback/feel.

The combo I'm looking at should look something like this:
Woox-EXACTUS-Ultra_1.jpg

I got to handle Woox chassis at Shot Show this year and really like them. They are well built and look nice with the wood and aluminum. There was a guy sell one for a CZ 457 on Rimfire Central for $800 and if I hadn't already ordered a Vision chassis I would have bought it.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Mark,
As I think you know, I received mine in January. It was a custom order, Titano BR rear with a Furiosa Ultra front. The Ultra front was the only one that would handle my 1.18 dia. barrel. It is a chassis in my mind but feels like a stock, which I like. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to shoot it much. Had Lumbar fusion the beginning of February. Hopefully a couple more weeks and I can get to the range.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Mark,
As I think you know, I received mine in January. It was a custom order, Titano BR rear with a Furiosa Ultra front. The Ultra front was the only one that would handle my 1.18 dia. barrel. It is a chassis in my mind but feels like a stock, which I like. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to shoot it much. Had Lumbar fusion the beginning of February. Hopefully a couple more weeks and I can get to the range.

I don't know how I forgot about that. I'll blame it on mid work day brain 😅

Appreciate that feedback and from what it sounds like this might be a great fit.. I won't be ordering a new stock/chassis for the gun too soon so I'll eagerly await more feedback as you get more time behind the rifle. I'm sorry to hear about your surgery but hopefully recovery is going well.

The few I've handled have had a lot of flex in the connections between the wood and aluminum, and loosen up easily. Great aesthetics, poor functionality.

Their paid shill marketing is also a huge turn-off for me. Even if a company makes a flawless product, I have little to no tolerance for that shit.