• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How does another train de-railment grab you?

I think we average around 400 derailments a year. That is more than 1 a day for you mathematically challenged.

Yet people protest to shut down oil pipelines because of the environment and dead Indians.

Reactions: gigamortis
Well i guess the upside to all of this is , there won't be any trains left to take us to the concentration camps !
Fear not. Dot gov doesn’t need trains to get you to the concentration camps. Ask the Native Americans…

Fear not. Dot gov doesn’t need trains to get you to the concentration camps. Ask the Native Americans…
They used mainly buses transport the Japanese prisoners during WW2, around 120,000 of them.

LeavingMinidoka.jpg

a3e86a-20170214-japaneseinternment05.jpg

I think we average around 400 derailments a year. That is more than 1 a day for you mathematically challenged.

Yet people protest to shut down oil pipelines because of the environment and dead Indians.
Lolz...

Double that. Then add another half, because over a thousand went on the ground last year and that was a light year for derailments.

You guys act like you've never seen failure based maintenance, err, I mean, Precision Scheduled Railroading, before. Share holders, err, I mean, all of your BlackRock 401K plan managers, rave about the shit.

Hulcher services should be very happy with all these derailments… jk derailments are nothing new at all. Happen all the time and always have. Move along.

Not really surprised. Every company I've worked for in the last 10 years does as little as possible for preventative maintenance. Run to failure, patch it, and run it until.it breaks again. The trucks, trailers, and construction equipment that's pulled on the road by the company I work for as of now is a joke, yet they bitch about their DOT rating almost daily. I finally contacted our safety department about stuff being sent out of one of the shops we have about how they are going to kill someone.

Reactions: gigamortis
Didn’t see any mention of the BNSF that derailed in MN last week??

Freight derailments happen every day. They're just being reported now because of the Ohio derailment. This is sadly SOP for the freight railroads.

Just put these in the W. Montana thread also. Derails in fashion right now.

Didn't someone say "never let a distraction go to waste"??

US average is about a 1000 a year in 49 states.