• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How far with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50?

hunter81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
HOME
I'm building a 338 ultra with a 32" barrel should get about 3150 fps with a 250gr with a BC of 784.The base is a 25 moa. How far should I get at an elevation at 6,000 feet? Thanks for the help

Re: How far with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50?

How far should you get from what? or to What???

Eplain your question a little better.

Or am i just missing something?

With the amount of moa available for that scope with that rifle. I'm looking at buying one and know nothing about it. I don't have a lot of money to spend zeiss looks like the best for the money. Do you have a better idea for a scope I’m trying to get out to about 1500 yards. I have over $3,700 In this project so the wife is getting a little mad.

Here it says you have 75moa total wind and elevation. EuroOptics
Maybe you should give the Sightrons a look. No first hand experience with them, but I've heard a lot of good things. It's been a little while since I priced one, but they came in cheaper than the Zeiss. Out of the box they have more elevation and windage and also have a 30mm tube compared to the 1" Zeiss. Just a thought though. I'm not knowledgable to give a range estimation for you though, but maybe this will help. Sightron SIII

More elevation in the 4.5-14x50 Conquest by a long way over the 6.5-20.

Let's do some quick math. If the scope has 75 MOA adjustment (37.5 dead center with zero MOA base) and add a 25 MOA base, you have about 12.5 MOA down, and 62.5 MOA up elevation (this is not counting for any error between action, base, and rings). With the ballistics you listed, you're good to about 1950 yards of elevation in that scope.

Thank You that is what I was looking for

Where do you find a Ballistic Coefficient of 784 in a 250gr .338 ?

Sorry The BC on the 249gr Bore Tec. are .869