• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How good a shooter is a S&W 4006

MikeG

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2005
Iowa
How good a shooter is a S&W 4006? A friend and gunshop owner found one NIB and sold it to me for $400 plus tax. As it was unfired I figured that's a fare price. I already have a couple of .40ties but may hang on to this one. The reports on the Internet are mixed as to it's accuracy.
Mike G

Re: How good a shooter is a S&W 4006

I don't own this pistol but have shot one. It was not accurate. I have shot several of the generation 2 and 3 S&W semiautos. I even shot one of the 45 acp custom shop high dollar pistols. Without exception the accuracy was poor.Model 41 and most of the revolver shoot very well. The safety is 'backward' unless you are used to european pistols. They are large for mag capacity, sort of like the ruger pistols. If you like it great but you asked so I let you know what I've seen.

david

There's a reason S&W discontinued them.

I was the armorer for an agency that had about 30 of the 5906 pistols, (same gun only in 9mm). We ran them for 16 years with few problems. We were going to trade them in for new ones but ended up going with M&P40s. While I now prefer the M&P I'd have no qualms about using a 5906 or 4006.

Thanks guys I wanted honesty. It's always appreciated good or bad.

Mike G

These pistols were used by the CHP for many years they went the same model but with the lighter frame. The Park Rangers still use these pistols. The double actions are really smooth and I find the accuracy to be for what what it is intended for. Try different ammo to find out what the best works in the pistol. I have 2 CHP turn ins I use to for handgun loaners.

kn