• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How high will gold go

On Bloomberg news this morning they were interviewing a precious metals guru from an investment house I don’t remember and he stated that he has sold all of their positions in gold as the boat had become too one-sided favoring the upside. He stated he would buy back in around $1775 - 1780. IOW he is saying he thinks that there are too many that have bought into gold believing it will go above $2000 and stay there and there aren’t enough buyers to keep the climb going. so it is time to move out and buy on the aforementioned next temporary bottom.

Do with this what thou will. And dont give me any shit about listening to Bloomberg on my satellite radio. It’s all I got in the morning besides coffee.

Last edited:
Has anyone here recently sold gold? Where is the best place to sell?

one of these guys? or try to go local

As long as "Consumer Confidence" is going down, gold / silver will go up... Unfortunately the Government is the one releasing consumer confidence reports. Just ask around and keep your eyes open and you can sense consumer confidence.... Where is your business / employer spending, your friends and family spending, etc... ? When you hear people start talking about eating out of the pantry or freezer.... Their confidence is low.... Look at sales of big ticket items like cars and single family houses... Uncertainty keeps purchases down.. From my perspective the metals are 4 months away from declining in value.

JMHO

Hobo

The only way you are going to know for sure is to call around to your local guys and see what they are offering. Then compare with what you find elsewhere. You may find that it is a pretty tight band of prices off of the spot price they are all working in locally. Who knows, things could be different where you are. Get all the information you can. It is best to believe that you are your own advocate in this situation and no one else.

I wouldn’t sell to a large bullion company if you’re looking to get the most out of it. Local shops or online. There are some fakebook groups with plenty of buyers who are happy to pay premiums on good stuff

Unfortunately I don't have the IQ to know how high it will go but I would not be surprised if it went to $2,300/oz next year.

I started buying in 2007, specifically the Vienna Philharmonic 1 OZ coin, not as an investment but as an alternative money source. I also have some smaller denominations of the Vienna Philharmonic. At the rate this country has been spending money I wanted a backup plan. For me I will not sell for that reason.

One thing I keep looking for is the commercials on TV by companies that offer to buy gold but I haven't seen any. I remember in 2009 time frame there were a lot of commercials for that and gold climbed. When the commercials became less frequent in 2010 I figured that gold was going to drop and it did a little while later. Just follow their lead is my thought. They are in the business to know these things because their business depends on it.