• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How high will the price of 5.56 go?

I dunno but I'll come off enough at $1.00/round to use the profits for this.. We'll see if it hits $1.00 I think it might when the election gets here this shortage thing is going to go nutz.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Here's 500 rounds that sold on Gunbroker 5 minutes ago at $0.72/round. Back in 2016 IIRC Federal was running a rebate on this and afterwards it came out to $0.25/round.
Screenshot_20200726-214815_Samsung Internet.jpg

* a laugh is heard coming from somewhere behind TheGerman's fortress of WC844 *
I just burned through my last 8lb jug of wc844.
Wish I could find some more. I'd even like to find wc846. Haven't seen it around here for quite awhile.

If the SHTF what would you rather have, Gold or Lead?

I've got 5 spam cans of 7.72x54 R and enough Mosin's and stripper clips to spread around the house so I'm good. Although the Hungarian heavy ball kicks like a mule out of an M-38, but the fireball is cool. Also do have my 5.56 and 7.62x39 and 9 mm.

5.56 I was still able to find reasonable a few weeks ago to add to my stash, but this week alone it has gone nuts!

68 grain Frontier (just an example) is $21 a box of 20. That's higher than FGMM 77 grain. I can't even find 9mm 147 Federal anywhere, but even if I did, I'm sure it would be 3-4 times as much, too.

I brought my 223 and a couple 22lr to the range yesterday. The 223 stayed in the truck. I have some, but it doesn't feel like enough. When 6.5 Creedmoor costs the same as 5.56, you know shit has gone sideways

Reactions: R-B
lead would be the new cold but its not just lead you would need copper and tin or what ever is mixed in to lead to harden it up pure lead melts at like
621.5°F
327.5°C
ahoot that and a puddle would be all you would end up with .

I know a lot of people who now want to buy an AR that never had a desire to own one before. Those same people want 1k rds ammo too. I tell them you need at least 6 30rd mags too. Its coming and when it does

Frontier had this 55gr hp match ammo that shot awesome. For 33 pennies a shot, I haven't been at the bench in a while. The time has come.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Actually just cruising around on ammo seek, there is less popular carbine rounds out there for about the usual going rate; Self defense ammo running about the same for LE 50 round, and 22 Target (that fancy stuff I never shoot anyway) is still about normally priced. It's the 223/7.62x39 that is becoming or at least approaching per pound silver.

If Trump manages to win it'll take 2 years to replenish the supply. Of course, if he loses, then there will be no more and what's left will go to Govt.

If it goes to $150/round then we're going to have a private island shortage!! :)

Last edited:
My buddy told me that small pistol primers are at 150/K on gobroker right now. I about shat myself. Looking on ammoseek I'm not seeing any small pistol primers at the moment.

What's 22lr looking like these days? I know that we saw crunches on it historically but I'm really wondering if centerfire rifle and pistol are gonna be where the action is right now.

I see a lotta Haz mat fines.
Doubt most on GB are Haz Mat certified shippers, just guys looking to make big profits.

My buddy told me that small pistol primers are at 150/K on gobroker right now. I about shat myself. Looking on ammoseek I'm not seeing any small pistol primers at the moment.

What's 22lr looking like these days? I know that we saw crunches on it historically but I'm really wondering if centerfire rifle and pistol are gonna be where the action is right now.
Unless you want match grad Lapua, SK or something like that there is none. I almost ordered a brick the other day and hesitated. Gone. Of course now my HVAC is on blink so I guess I’m glad I didn’t buy.

I predict $1.50/rnd by mid October.

What are your thoughts?
I don’t care. Have 10k in the reserve and components for another 5k. I should make it past the election.

I have less .223/5.56 than anything else I shoot because I shoot it far less than others. So yesterday I took a look at pricing. Holy crap, it’s the same price as .308 now.

Shit, I just need to get more components.

Fuck buying ammo. Unless they're giving it away or it's something I don't load for some reason (+P, +P+, .40 full power) I make ALL my own.

I would like to entertain a different powder than H335 for the 5.56 shit some day but I think I'll be using and shooting this shit into the next decade. It makes good ammo but I've never seen a dirtier action and the shit absorbs oil like cat litter, so thank god for JP Ent. FMOS BCG's, because they'll essentially work oil-free when that happens.

What's funny is these crazy bastards stockpiling have zero idea what to do with that shit. I just hope they buy good shit because it wouldn't be worth my time to collect all the PSA's and Wolf ammo they have to drop in order to run!

But seriously, this shit happens every four years now. Only difference this time is we're in a cold civil war already and things could heat up.

I just sold my Cousin who is just starting to get into shooting and can’t find any ammo 1000 rounds of pmc 55 grain for $350. Does that make me a fool or a good family member? Either way my stash is quite plentiful.

I just sold my Cousin who is just starting to get into shooting and can’t find any ammo 1000 rounds of pmc 55 grain for $350. Does that make me a fool or a good family member? Either way my stash is quite plentiful.
Always good to get people on the right side involved and shooting.

I’ve given away ammo, ARs, mags, silencers etc. the more arms in the hands of good people the better for what the future holds.

Better to have 5 friends with ARs versus 10 ARs collecting dust in the safe