• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How is their warranty?

SourMash

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2012
GA
I've never owned a Nightforce or a Zero Compromise but I'm about to buy one of the two. Like the title says, how's their warranty, should I need to use it? Is it a timed thing, like a 1 year and then you're on your own, or do they have lifetime warranty's like Vortex?

A lot of NF fans here. I'm not one of them. I bought two used that are nice, my brother tried them liked them and ordered himself two Beasts. (One for each of his sons)

Before mounting to rifles we put them on a testing gig to test tracking. While doing so we observed that the reticle shifted .2 Mil depending on wether the last adjustments was up or down.

The dealer said that NF would not consider that a problem. My brother
Sent them back for S&B. Lesson learned.

after the shit show that NF has put a fellow hide member through, I wouldn’t buy a scope from them, ever. I was never all that impressed with them to begin with but their complete lack of CS skills has left me with a bad taste.

I’ll take a Razor Gen II over a NF any day. As for ZCO, I’ve heard nothing but glowing CS stories about them. I currently own a ZCO 5-27 MPCT 3 and feel confident that they would treat me right if something were to fail on the scope.

@gebhardt02 can probably give you some more insight into their CS as well lol

I will also say that I shoot currently NF, Vortex, and ZCO. The ZCO is my most recent, after shooting behind it for a few months I am replacing the others wit ZCO, simply no comparison, imo.

As noted above, you can literally call and talk to the owner of Zco if you have an issue. He will square you away or square the optic away. Whichever is needed. Awesome customer service.

@gebhardt02 is also here on hide.

And if some crazy ass reason you can’t get ahold of them, get ahold of me and I will.

I've never owned a Nightforce or a Zero Compromise but I'm about to buy one of the two. Like the title says, how's their warranty, should I need to use it? Is it a timed thing, like a 1 year and then you're on your own, or do they have lifetime warranty's like Vortex?
Only one issue from a NF in my lifetime...
Called them and told them about the issue, and they corrected it.
Still, talking to the company is always better than what all of us think...

Reactions: SourMash
I think it’s worth considering a company’s size and longevity as well as their track record and CS when planning to drop big $.
That said, I have used both NF and ZCO and performance wise the ZCO is the clear winner.

I think it’s worth considering a company’s size and longevity as well as their track record and CS when planning to drop big $.
That said, I have used both NF and ZCO and performance wise the ZCO is the clear winner.

It is. But in this case, the owner of ZCO literally ran NF for years.

Many mfr's today offer their version of a "lifetime" warranty; however, something else that is just as important is how will that company treat you when/if you have to use that warranty. Sometimes companies that are really big give the runaround to the customer trying to get help. Vortex really changed the industry with their VIP program and soon many others were offering similar, but few can match the Vortex VIP experience. I have a ZCO and have not had to use their warranty service; however, I've talked with Nick and Jeff and have no doubt that they would take care of me and fast. And that is the other factor of warranty, are you a competitive shooter or drop your scope on a rock while sighting in for the hunt of a lifetime in two weeks... which company is most likely to get your scope fixed or replaced in that time-frame and I fear many of them will not, but Vortex, ZCO, Schmidt have a good reputation for fast turn around time; are there horror stories, yes, probably every manufacturer has some, but look at the overall treatment of the customer through the process, to me that says a lot.

Bad? Not IMO, would you rather deal with a CS agent that doesn't know the product well?
Not what I meant...
There are always those who constantly bug CS over easily fixed issues.
Yet, I like that they do support those who support them,
kinda what I meant by the I can appreciate that, part...

Last edited:
Bad? Not IMO, would you rather deal with a CS agent that doesn't know the product well?

I gauge companies I buy from on whether they answer their phone, how friendly and helpful they are and the reputation of their customer service/warranty. I scratched nightforce off the list long ago due to a lack of above from just my experience. I know people have had other experiences. I would definitely buy a zco based off of my brother's dealings with them and it's a hell of an optic.

Last edited:
if people working in customer service rolls have no people skills they need to seek a new profession collecting peoples garbage.

Reactions: gebhardt02
All this nightforce hate is very weird. I’m no super fan of theirs but over the years I think they’ve earned perhaps the best rep for reliability in the industry. Nothing against ZCO, I’m sure they’re great.

All this nightforce hate is very weird. I’m no super fan of theirs but over the years I think they’ve earned perhaps the best rep for reliability in the industry. Nothing against ZCO, I’m sure they’re great.
I'm with you on this brother.
Yes, you can talk to the head guy at ZCO, but do you really need to?
That's good that they offer that level of service, but I've had zero issues with NF CS.
The optics are known to work very well.
In fact, countless others in prs shooting have had great success with NF optics.

I like all optics that work, and NF like many others have done just that for many years...

Last edited:
I know many Nightforce loyalist's and I'm sure many have had excellent experiences with them. I just personally didn't and never really got my tracking problem fixed and was treated somewhat in a rude manner. This was in 2008 so I'm sure that guy probably doesn't even work there anymore. I just have had such awesome customer service from Vortex and S&B over the last 10 years or so that I just stick with those. The new Nightforce 2.5-20 is pretty slick though.