• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How long does .22lr match ammo last?

Re: How long does .22lr match ammo last?

At least twenty years. I have some Eley that old that shoots great. I also have some UM1 that is nearly that ole and it's still gtg also. Donald

I've been shooting up some old ww super-x that I bought in the 80's. It has been stored in my house in a closet in controled conditions. The thing with target Ammo is the lube gets hard after a while and will fall off. You can always relube them and shoot them.
larryj

I can beat both of ya. I have some old Olin white box and some green box Remington that was used by high school ROTC rifle teams back in the '70s.
Both will still shoot one hole groups at 50 yards. They actually shoot better than some Eley Sport, Wolf Match, Aguilla Match and RWS Rifle Target I tried. This ammo is over 30 years old.

Jim

I ran across a 100 round box of 22 mag and the price tag was $2.09 from K Mart which closed back in 1985. That stuff still shoots well.

I have shot ammo within the past two years that I bought when I was a teen. I turned 63 a week ago. I managed an average of 17 hits per 20 at 250yd on a 10" steel gong. BTW, it was plain High Vel Hollowpoint. Back then I never got anywhere near match ammo; they didn't carry it at my corner hardware...

You'll die before it does.

Greg