• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How long does Tesla immunity against lawsuits last?

Mr.BR

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 5, 2017
    With all the shit these poorly made cars make it into news , how come no mayor lawsuits and settlements seem to be happening?

Money and power make it for forever. So sad.....

I can't speak to China's regulatory environment and product liability law, but here in the US, there are huge swaths of product functionality not covered by FMVSS, automakers are self-regulated, and getting a jury to consider a technically sophisticated product liability claim is incredibly challenging.

Given Telsa's apparent challenges with anything related to basic engineering blocking and tackling, I fully expect them to massively stumble at some point. Not everything can be fixed via over-the-air software updates and "silent recalls".

Tesla seems to be new Monsanto , totaly above the law ,SEC just sucks Eons cock and take is up the ass .

Remember Monsanto was untouchable as long as it was US-owned, then stupid Germans bought it and an avalanche of 80.000+ lawsuits later they are hemorrhaging billions in damages. Suddenly all the lawsuits make it in courts.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
    Tesla seems to be new Monsanto , totaly above the law ,SEC just sucks Eons cock and take is up the ass .

Remember Monsanto was untouchable as long as it was US-owned, then stupid Germans bought it and an avalanche of 10.000+ lawsuits later they are hemorrhaging billions in damages. Suddenly all the lawsuits make it in courts.
    Lawsuits that were not substantiated by concrete science and were driven totally by politics in the EU.

Lawsuits and damages against Monsanto are ongoing in US not EU , till the Germans bought it ,Monsanto was lawsuit proof, untouchable. Then suddenly its Germans holding the bag , courts begin generously awarding damages, what follows is an avalanche of no less than 100.000 lawsuits costing,Bayer 10billion $ to settle.

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2020/07/10/575125.htm

Last edited:
    Lawsuits and damages against Monsanto are ongoing in US not EU , till the Germans bought it ,Monsanto was lawsuit proof, untouchable. Then suddenly its Germans holding the bag , courts begin generously awarding damages, what follows is an avalanche of no less than 100.000 lawsuits costing,Bayer 10billion $ to settle.
    This started in the EU years ago AND data is being used that was generated by the WHO. Where is the WHO? Just for background - I worked in R&D for 10 years with a company that was a major supplier for one of the components that was used in RoundUp. I am very well aware of what has happened and is happening with glyphosate.

Reactions: Bender and Rthur
    Guess the brake lights failed at the same time.

Completely off topic, any of y'all ever live in Irvine or San Jose? I saw the most unbelievable driving nonsense all the time in those days, like a dude casually exiting the freeway by u-turning into the on ramp.
    Come to north Texas and I can show you some stupid drivers.

Completely off topic, any of y'all ever live in Irvine or San Jose? I saw the most unbelievable driving nonsense all the time in those days, like a dude casually exiting the freeway by u-turning into the on ramp.
    Just a couple of weeks ago I saw the entire highway casually exiting by uturning onto the entrance ramp. The ramp I was going to use to enter. No, there was no patrol signaling them to do this. Sheer herd mentality. Nearly got hit avoiding that giant CF. Houston area. Cali has no monopoly on stupid drivers...

I recall the vehicles can receive a data update via wifi or cellular service right??? Or something like that.....

SO how hard is it for people to believe Tesla can download or reproduce your actions in the last three minutes of driving.............
    Not to mention the system software probably makes the 911 call for you.......I'd bet there's a data burst that goes out to Tesla that gives all the data on the vehicle within XXXX time before and after the accident. Pedal position, steering wheel angle, seat belt on, driver's head position......etc etc etc

Do you read the electronic disclosures for your new vehicles ???

Just a couple of weeks ago I saw the entire highway casually exiting by uturning onto the entrance ramp. The ramp I was going to use to enter. No, there was no patrol signaling them to do this. Sheer herd mentality. Nearly got hit avoiding that giant CF. Houston area. Cali has no monopoly on stupid drivers...

And if the exit ramp is full they just drive across the turf. The stupid is too deep. they Should go back to horses.

So if there is bad QC or someone were to wirelessly connect to a tesla and brick an update, change a few lines of code, recalibrate a few sensors or even control the vehicle directly are there manual overrides and reversions or will things just go haywire?

Call me old fashioned, but if I’m going to be killed by something not of my own stupidity it had better not be “suicided” by some fucking computer algorythm.

There’s a screen grab in the twitter comment thread. Brake lights definitely look on to me..

Try driving in Richmond (suburb of Vancouver), British Columbia sometime. You know, to experience those “special” drivers........