• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How long is too long?

fastmouse

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2017
June 29, 2016 i ordered a Vortex Razor HD AMG 6-24 x 50 FFP EBR-7 MRAD, Black RZR-AMG-2 $2,499.99 - Estimated to ship within 7-9 weeks from Optics Planet : Since then, i've been told

1; The estimated time for us to receive the product back in stock is 08/23/2016

2; The estimated time for us to receive the product back in stock is 11/11/2016

3: Thank you for following up. You are 13[SUP]th[/SUP] in line. We expect to get our next shipment from our supplier on April 25[SUP]th[/SUP]

4: The estimated time for us to receive the product back in stock is 04/25/2017

t unfortunately looks like the ETA has been pushed back to early July at the latest. Our supplier is shipping small quantities as they become available, but our first large shipment is due in July.

5: Thank you for your follow up. At this time this item is still on schedule for the first week of July. Your place in line is included in this shipment

6: The estimated time for us to receive the product back in stock is 08/01/2017.

Vortex unfortunately has been forced to push back many of their ETAs for these hot new products. At this time I have you at number 15 in line and we are scheduled to get around 50 the first week of August.

At this time, I am showing that you are number 12 in line to receive this item. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that we will receive all 50 units we are expected to get in stock in August

7 Now this!!!!????The estimated time for us to receive the product back in stock is 11/20/2017

am i being played??? Does any one have one for sale? Just so frustrated....

Welcome to doing business with Opics Planet, and God forbid you have to send it back for a return, it's almost impossible to get your refund... Be prepared to wait a while and have that date pushed back over and over again.. My suggestion to you would be to use the vendors here on the hide, give em a call and see what they quote you, can't go wrong with them.. I use Mike and Richard over at CS Tactical, they've done right by me..

Vortex got back to me yesterday afternoon, ill have it by tomorrow. Thanks for comments, just had to vent... i thought i was in an alternate universe there for a bit!

^^^^ thanks, Vortex took care of me, in hands now.... appreciate the reply.! Now to get it mounted up for Saturday! Thanks again...

^^^^ thanks, Vortex took care of me, in hands now.... appreciate the reply.! Now to get it mounted up for Saturday! Thanks again...

Glad you got taken care of. Your experience with Optics Planet is standard operating procedure for them. I wrote them off years ago before I was aware they are the optics dealer from Hell....They prey on the innocent and unaware with a business model & mantra of "string the customer out for as long as possible......"

Glad to see it got resolved! Random question ... has the experience swayed your opinion on doing pre-buys considering how many have come and gone from the new and used market?

Also I asked my gf her opinion of your question and she said 10 inches.

10" its not, but it will get the job done now!

Attachments

• photo68339.jpg
    photo68339.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9
I had a similar experience with optics planet last year. Never again. Glad you got it all sorted out

To the OP did Optics Planet already charge your CC when you first placed the order? I am just curious because if they did IMO that would be the equivalent of robbery and fraud.

I have bought numerous items from Optics Planet and they only charged me upon placing the order ONCE. They had difficulty explaining it, but something about drop-shipping from the manufacturer. Every other time they've had accurate backorder dates and charged upon shipping.