• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How long is your SBR taking?

Mr.Mildots

Minuteman
I sent in my Form 1 back in January. DOJ cashed the check within 2 weeks. Now it's been almost 4 months and nothing has come back. Anyone else in the same boat? I remember these usually took about 1 month and I know there's a lot more of us doing these with the current political climate, but 4 seems over the top. I'm wondering if anyone else here is getting this long of a delay. Thoughts?

Re: How long is your SBR taking?

yup! same old story: overworked and under paid. they are inudated with forms. last jan 08 mine came back in less than 30 days

I had one clear in 3 weeks (ages ago) and another one that is on month 10. Called NFA customer service to speak to my examiner and he said it was not approved...then said, "Oops, my fault it is approved I'll mail it out tommorow" that was several weeks ago.

Fucking worthless turds at NFA branch

14-16 weeks after check clears is pretty standard at the moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">14-16 weeks after check clears is pretty standard at the moment. </div></div>

Holy carp! So if Form 1's usually take about a month and Form 4's usually takes about 3 months, how long are Form 4's taking these days?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Mildots</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">14-16 weeks after check clears is pretty standard at the moment. </div></div>

Holy carp! So if Form 1's usually take about a month and Form 4's usually takes about 3 months, how long are Form 4's taking these days? </div></div>

Form 4's are taking about 3 1/2 - 4 months after checks are cashed..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Mildots</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">14-16 weeks after check clears is pretty standard at the moment. </div></div>

Holy carp! So if Form 1's usually take about a month and Form 4's usually takes about 3 months, how long are Form 4's taking these days? </div></div>

where do you get a month from?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: advert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Mildots</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">14-16 weeks after check clears is pretty standard at the moment. </div></div>

where do you get a month from? </div></div>

That's always been the average for me, at least until this time.

oo i thot you where reading it on there. yea i they use to be fast. the good ol days.

I just got a form 1 back today that I sent off before christmas..... they are all taking about the same time. slow as hell. but hey it could be worse, they could not be approving them at all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got one back last week, it took 16 weeks.......... </div></div>

mine is right at 16 weeks. maybe i will get it soon. thats always a good thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lookabill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It took my last F4 7 months.
</div></div>

Holy cow, that's ridiculous!

I was told by NFA personell that sending a money order will greatly speed up the process. They said that if you send a personal check, they have to send it from their offices in WV to their bank in GA and wait for it to clear. Saves about a month of wait from what they said.

Maybe you guys already knew that but it was news to me. My F4 went pending 4/7. Hopefully it won't be long now before I have my first suppressor in hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Mildots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent in my Form 1 back in January. DOJ cashed the check within 2 weeks. Now it's been almost 4 months and nothing has come back. Anyone else in the same boat? I remember these usually took about 1 month and I know there's a lot more of us doing these with the current political climate, but 4 seems over the top. I'm wondering if anyone else here is getting this long of a delay. Thoughts?

</div></div>

I sent one in January and it is not in the system yet. I called up there and they said that they are not in this year's work yet. I'm betting it will be a while yet. They cashed my check ten days after getting it.

Amazing.

I have (2) form 1 that went in in January. Like everybody else the check was cashed inside of two weeks. Mine just went pending. BAsed on that it looks like it will be a 5 month turn around.

I just called on a couple of silencers .. the guy at NFA said they are currently working on transfer paperwork that the checks were cashed in Jan. if that helps anyone out ...... ahh the NFA wait sucks .. but it looks like X-mas in June/July for me!
laugh.gif

Got mine in at the right time. 8 or 9 weeks IIRC, Form 4 cleared right before Obama was elected.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irelander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was told by NFA personell that sending a money order will greatly speed up the process. They said that if you send a personal check, they have to send it from their offices in WV to their bank in GA and wait for it to clear. Saves about a month of wait from what they said.

Maybe you guys already knew that but it was news to me. My F4 went pending 4/7. Hopefully it won't be long now before I have my first suppressor in hand. </div></div>

hmm id like to find more out about this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: advert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irelander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was told by NFA personell that sending a money order will greatly speed up the process. They said that if you send a personal check, they have to send it from their offices in WV to their bank in GA and wait for it to clear. Saves about a month of wait from what they said.

Maybe you guys already knew that but it was news to me. My F4 went pending 4/7. Hopefully it won't be long now before I have my first suppressor in hand. </div></div>

hmm id like to find more out about this. </div></div>

I am going to call BS on this .. I sent off a F4 with a personal check about a month ago. The check cleared my bank within 3 days of me dropping the papers off at the post office!

YMMV

Same,Same
Checks post in a day or two when F4's were recived.
Also I send mine to Atlanta address.

Yeah, that's nonsense. My checks have always been deposited within 2-3 days of arrival at ATF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, that's nonsense. My checks have always been deposited within 2-3 days of arrival at ATF. </div></div>

mine as well

I guess I forgot to mention that I originally forgot to include my $200 check with the paperwork. My C3 dealer gave me the name of the ATF agent who would be processing my application. When I called her she told me to send the money to her and she would match it with my paperwork when it came in. She said to send a money order if I want to avoid about a months worth of wait.

Sorry for the confusion. This is my first Class 3 experience.

my SAS can was sent in on Dec 17, Cashed on Jan 6 2009 and I just got the can last Thursday(4/9/09).. I did a 22 LR can 2 years ago and it was 28 days mailbox to mailbox..

I'm thinking its just going to get worse since the Admin is anti gun and they will just drag feet to make it not worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my SAS can was sent in on Dec 17, Cashed on Jan 6 2009 and I just got the can last Thursday(4/9/09).. I did a 22 LR can 2 years ago and it was 28 days mailbox to mailbox..

I'm thinking its just going to get worse since the Admin is anti gun and they will just drag feet to make it not worth it. </div></div>

lots of people got used to the 30 day transfers .. but they either forgot or were not used to the system before the move from DC to WV. Transfers then took just as long as they are now.

sent mine in back in August got it back December 20th. Good enough present, but took too damn long

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Irelander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I forgot to mention that I originally forgot to include my $200 check with the paperwork. My C3 dealer gave me the name of the ATF agent who would be processing my application. When I called her she told me to send the money to her and she would match it with my paperwork when it came in. She said to send a money order if I want to avoid about a months worth of wait.

Sorry for the confusion. This is my first Class 3 experience. </div></div>

i was going to say,

cause the last 5 stamps i got where all out of my acct and cashed rather quick

Do you guys know what the process is at the BATF? We send our forms to Georgia, but they get processed in West Virginia. What do they do in WV and GA?