• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How long should it take?

para72

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2013
gig harbor wa.
How long should it take ounce a smith receives your rifle to

True action
Install and time break
Bolt knob
Bed action
Tune triger
Cerekote barreled action

Two days is what the employer would factor in for labor wages. If they are backed up, understaffed, or lazy-ass procrastinators then you may as well forget weeks or months. Guys also think because you have to wait that your shit turns to gold in their hands and charge out the wazoo for the "privilege" to finally take delivery. Good smiths THAT CARE about the customer will start working the instant your parts show up at their door and ship the next day. Jim Kobe is one I can mention like that.

Two days is what the employer would factor in for labor wages. If they are backed up, understaffed, or lazy-ass procrastinators then you may as well forget weeks or months. Guys also think because you have to wait that your shit turns to gold in their hands and charge out the wazoo for the "privilege" to finally take delivery. Good smiths THAT CARE about the customer will start working the instant your parts show up at their door and ship the next day. Jim Kobe is one I can mention like that.

Lol, this is true

It really depends on the smith, there's no other way to put it. Companies like LRI or PCR are notoriously fast and good supporters of the hide. Otherwise a bigger operation like GAP who seems to get backed up may take a little longer. There are some smiths that have absolutely retarded wait times though, it's best to ask your smith before hand and to research that particular smith's lead times.

With time allotted for excuses, hunting trips, procrastination, various unreturned phone calls, several phone calls stating "I'm starting yours on Monday/tomorrow, 3 lost build sheets with phone calls asking for build specs. Phone calls asking what barrel you wanted and you reminding him you provided him one.

I'm at 6 months right now myself on a 4-6 week quote.

I took my stuff back after 15 months wait at a local guy. you decide what too long for you.
cheers.