• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How long to wait on a gunsmith for a custom rifle

ctressler

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
Given the current wait on most custom rifle components, is 7 months+ an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a custom rifle?

He told me it would be done in 4 months and we are about to hit 8. I had to find him a stock he said he couldn't get and now he says he can't finish it because he is waiting on a 338-300 reamer for this 338 Edge.

Do I just need to be patient or is he jerking me around?

I am comparing this experience to another rifle build I had done by Charlie at Score High, who had it built in less than 8 weeks.

Re: How long to wait on a gunsmith for a custom rifle

Just hang on for the ride. I have a friend that's been through that twice now. The first one was through Lawton Machine ...... enough said on that one. The other still isn't done yet, but it's a source of frustration for him knowing that others have been started after his build and delivered.

Double the estimate is on the edge of what I would tolerate. When I build a gun, I have the components in hand before it goes to the smith. I order the barrel, stock, reamer, etc. and have the gunsmith do the labor. My usual wait time is about a month for his work.

When I go to build a rifle, from the time I order parts (barrel,stock etc..) to the time I'm pulling the trigger I say 8-12 months. Most good smiths are backed up a bit. 8-12 months is a little long but I find I'm not disappointed when it does take longer.

Once went 4 years....by year three could have sold it in process for 2X. Its different with every builder, pick your favorite flavor and find something else to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hntbambi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Double the estimate is on the edge of what I would tolerate. <span style="font-weight: bold">When I build a gun, I have the components in hand before it goes to the smith. </span> I order the barrel, stock, reamer, etc. and<span style="font-weight: bold"> have the gunsmith do the labor.</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">My usual wait time is about a month for his work.</span> </div></div>
This would seem to to be the best measure of the turn around time of the gunsmithing work itself. Total turn around time minus shipping times.

The total time if the gunsmith orders the parts includes his time to order, and the delivery times of all of the parts not currently in stock.
Plus the inefficiencies introduced by perhaps trying to work on this and other projects as parts came in (context switches), etc..

It would seem to be difficult to ascertain the gunsmithing time unless you had an update on the ordering status of each part form the smith (adding to his time 'o course).

I made my brother in law wait 2 weeks one time he started calling everyday, asking if I was trying to be like those professional smiths. The next one he dropped off on his way to work Thursday night and picked up on his way home Friday morning.
But... I am not a professional smith I have 2 customers him and me. Waiting on parts is by far the longest part, if I have parts in hand the actual building only takes a couple hours then a day for finishing (thanks Cerakote/Duracoat)get to skip that day with stainless steel.

Don't ask my wife how long she has been waiting for me to get around to building her custom rifle
laugh.gif

I have been waiting 16 months at this point. I supplied the custom Action and muzzle break, had the smith order the barrel, and paid in full at the time of the order. I only ordered a barreld action, and have the stock on hand and will do my own bedding work. I think the wait times varry by each smith, but as long as the customer has a reasonable expectation of when to expect the gun, it is all good. I just wish that the smith's were more honest about the turn times. It seems that way too many times it takes much longer than quoted.

aroshtr

I take one hell of a bashing at times for my delivery times.
but when it comes to bespoke rifles, time frames can stretch no end. So i'll tell you how it is from a EU based smiths point of view.

12 to 36 months is average depending on parts required. Fastest ive done was 6 weeks, slowest 5 years. 36 months seems to be the average around the smiths in Europe for a one of a kind, order the parts in build.
if you are willing to take parts that are already on the smiths shelf or in his supply chain, then that time frame can be reduced to however long his work list happens to be.
I have one customer who waited 13 years for a custom mauser to be built by another smith here in Germany.

For a bespoke rifle a smith cannot hold anything on shelf. and if you consider the vast choice that may be on offer, add in there every stock maker, every action maker, every trigger maker every barrel maker world wide. If you offer that choice, the wait is loooong.
Customer wants stock from X manufacturer in X country, barrel from Y manufacturer in Y country, action from Z manufacturer in Z country, trigger from A manufacturer in A country.
thats 5 sets of export permit applications, 5 different manufacturers who may or may not be seriously interested in exporting thier products,then you start looking at scopes and rings, Some customers want products that havent even bieng put in to manufacture but are expected to be released on day X. ( take the 3-20x50PMII for example) then at some point action manufacturer Z in country Z closes his doors and doesnt trade anymore, or tigger manufacturer A in country A stops doing a particular model. You are already 12 months into the wait for parts process when this becomes apparent and then you are back at square 1.
or all the parts have arrived and suddenly the customer has seen and read all about a new caliber and wants to completely change the build spec. you can re cycle the parts you have maybe, so you agree, and the order process starts again..
If it comes to arguaments about time frame, the customer will automaticaly quote the date he gave the original order in, and not the date he changed his mind.
When a smith says, " if all goes well and the supplier supplies on time the stock will be here in 12 months but i cannot garuantee any time frame on delivery of parts to me"
the customer has invairable heared " stock delivery 12 months for definate". yet some times all does not go well, stock gets lost in the mail, impounded by customs, arrives damaged or faulty, then a smith will hear " you swore the stock would be here in 12 months"

Its simply impossible to say how long it will take to get all the parts together for a bespoke custom rifle, there are so many factors involved.

production capability of component manufacturers
health of component manufacturers
financial status of component manufacturers
quality control and ability of component manufacturers
international export regulations
courier regulations
availability of parts
parts suppliers prone to concentrate on larger order customers before fullfilling single item orders.

then you have the time frame at the riflesmith him self. once he has all the parts in work can begin. I aim for 3 months finishing time from the date the last part arrives.
but you have to consider the following points

craftsmanship is craftsmanship, a craftsman has only 2 hands and sometimes things take longer than planned
health of riflesmith ( add a broken arm into the equation and you are looking at a stretch in the time frame)
personal issues of the riflesmith ( add a death in the family, or family members requiring care, or birth of a new baby, or the riflesmiths wife breaks an arm,, all add up to stretched delivery times)
workload
changes in burocracy requirements
changes in export regulations
occasionaly a craftsman makes a mistake, and a part has to be replaced
etc.

so many factors and so much can go so wrong or so much can go so right. Especialy when you are trying to get own design parts and projects off the ground into the bargain.

Ive struggled my ass off for the last 5 years building bespoke one of a kind rifles, ive struggled to get parts, had regulation changes make it almost impossible to get some parts, had parts supply dry up due to parts no longer bieng manufactured, had some suppliers want to pass of missmachined junk as parts, had parts suppliers simply take the money and never supply, ive had my orders for parts dropped or put on back burner due to larger more important (read more luctrative) orders/trade customers, Ive seen the required burocracy involved in the job at least double within the last 5 years.
The job of a Custom Riflesmith is not an easy one guys, please don't forget that a riflesmith is a human bieng, he (or she) is not a CNC machine. he needs to eat, sleep and shit,he needs a night in with his ole lady once in a while and he needs to spend time with his kids and if he is having an off mood day, its not that day you want him building your rifle, you also don't want him working all night to get it out the door.

Sure there are a few black sheep out there among us smiths, you have that in any industry ( take the car repair business or the building trade for an example) but bye and large, when it comes to Custom Riflesmiths, you have never come across a more, can do, bend over backwards to help, generous, friendly, honest, hard working, talented bunch of folk. And I for one think that a little understanding and appreciation goes a long way and that in todays click and buy world, with 24 hour delivery schedules and supermarkets that are open all night, a true craftsman who takes his time to do it right is some one who should be appreciated.he may belong in a previouse age and wish he was born a hundred years ago, but he is what he is, a Riflesmith and a Riflesmith is bye and large a talented craftsman.

Can you imagine anyone saying to Mr Rembrandt " IS MY F%$§&NG" PAINTING READY YET ?" I think not.

So Look Well after your Smith, Likely he or she will look Well after you.

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctressler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He told me it would be done in 4 months and we are about to hit 8</div></div> I'd have him box it up & send it back. Too many good builders out there and many more getting into the business rather to deal with BS. Estimated times should be within reason, 4 months later is ridiculous.

Whenever a new builder opens shop, I think it's a good thing for the consumer.

As mentioned components seem to be the biggest wait.

We've been very lucky to get customers that already have most of their parts so far.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Our build time/back log is only about one month right now if all parts can be found quickly.</span>

We're pretty good at finding parts for customers. We have help from some very kind sources, and should be able to get all parts required within 2 months at the very latest, and thats waiting 2 months on a Defiance action. If going with a Remy or Surgeon action, we should be able to have all parts in hand in a month or less, then starts the one month build time. Thats getting a Mcmillan stock too, not a ready to ship HS or B&C.

So even with the wait of us acquiring top quality parts, our build times right now should be no longer than two months or so.

Our shop is newer than most, and our back log is sure to increase as times goes on.

Keith, you don't know how lucky you and the other US bases smiths are. availability of parts in those time frames is something anyone outside the USA can't even dream about. you dont have the mess about with proofhouses, the anti gun mentality of banks and manufacturing - finishing companies and the authorities.. hell I said to my Lawyer as a joke just yesterday that I was thinking of emigrating to Texas. maybe its time I did just that.
Ive totaly given up on the bespoke one of a kind rifle building. Ive cut the choice down to a half dozen spec's on parts that I know are available. If a customer wants anything different,apart from the limited options ive incorporated, they need to supply me with the required parts them selves.
Building rifles based on my parts to my spec is the only way forward and the only way to ensure delivery times are kept at a minimum.
So i wonder what the process would be to emigrate...
Pete

Im sorry to hear that Pete.

It's hard to imagine any stricter gun laws than we have in some states already.

Arizona is a pretty sweet state to live in for shooting sports.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night poacher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctressler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He told me it would be done in 4 months and we are about to hit 8</div></div> I'd have him box it up & send it back. Too many good builders out there and many more getting into the business rather to deal with BS. Estimated times should be within reason, 4 months later is ridiculous.

Whenever a new builder opens shop, I think it's a good thing for the consumer. </div></div>

Good post here. Within reason is the key word - getting the run-around is bullshit!! You are the customer paying for their services - in reality they work for you!! I hate when a smith acts like they're doing you a favor when they build you a rifle.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Communication between both parties is the key to a pleasant build experience!!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctressler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given the current wait on most custom rifle components, is 7 months+ an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a custom rifle?

He told me it would be done in 4 months and we are about to hit 8. I had to find him a stock he said he couldn't get and now he says he can't finish it because he is waiting on a 338-300 reamer for this 338 Edge.

Do I just need to be patient or is he jerking me around?

I am comparing this experience to another rifle build I had done by Charlie at Score High, who had it built in less than 8 weeks. </div></div>

Don't get pissed at a Smiths long time frame, you caused in the first place. If you want a quick turn around, do the leg work yourself. You an many need to understand one thing, when your just exchanging cash for a finished product your paying for a convenience and are at the whim of everyone involved. The Smith, his venders, delivery guys, an the list goes on. Just because your the one paying for it means nothing as to time frame.

You want it faster, do the leg work and ship the donor and all the Tacticool stuff you want it built with, to the Smith, yourself. Then if it takes X_______ time,... bitch.

For the life of me i can't understand why some people insist on using a smith that doesent have a great following , their are a dozen guys here (give or take) that will build you a rig that will shoot with the best in the world if you can drive it that well and they wont jerk you around!!

Now if you call a smith and say i want this XXXX and he has to order the parts and so on then its hard to tell what the wait will be.

Order all your shit yourself and have it all together when its delivered to your smith with an envoice/punchlist of EXACTLY what you have , that way you get all your shit back and he doenent have to think about what it was you sent him , its a plus for you both and remember

a great job done fast , won't be cheap

a great job done cheap , wont be fast

and a cheap job done fast , wont be great

I agree with what some of you have said if the Smith has to order all the parts - I have ordered all my parts for my last 4 rifles & some vendors take 4-6 months to deliver the goods.

On a full customer supplied components build though, it should not take over 3 or 4 months maximum to complete the build - if it does, then the Smith is jerking you around!!!

Of the last 3 guns built by others, one was probably about 3 months, with me supplying the action, barrel and stock. Last 2 were an absolutely heinous wait however. Gave the guy ALL the parts he didn't have in stock for the builds, he promised me 2 months tops, took the better part of 14. That being said they are both probably the best rifles I've ever owned. Also, forgot I had a surgeon xl 338 built in an aics, took about 5 months +/-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keith, you don't know how lucky you and the other US bases smiths are. availability of parts in those time frames is something anyone outside the USA can't even dream about. you dont have the mess about with proofhouses, the anti gun mentality of banks and manufacturing - finishing companies and the authorities.. hell I said to my Lawyer as a joke just yesterday that I was thinking of emigrating to Texas. maybe its time I did just that.
Ive totaly given up on the bespoke one of a kind rifle building. Ive cut the choice down to a half dozen spec's on parts that I know are available. If a customer wants anything different,apart from the limited options ive incorporated, they need to supply me with the required parts them selves.
Building rifles based on my parts to my spec is the only way forward and the only way to ensure delivery times are kept at a minimum.
So i wonder what the process would be to emigrate...
Pete </div></div>
Pete, Montana is a very good place to be a gunsmith making custom guns!
smile.gif

I was quoted 4 months once, after a Year and half I finally had a rifle that was in no way shape or form the correct thing. I had to finish the thing up myself. I know how you feel but in reality, if he can get it done right in under a year, I wouldn't be terribly upset.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one customer who waited <span style="font-weight: bold">13 years</span> for a custom mauser to be built by another smith here in Germany.
</div></div>

Now that is what you call "generational" patience.
wink.gif

2 years is the max wait I have had on supplied parts.

As a several time customer of a couple of Wyoming and Washingon gun smiths I have to say that it is imperitive that if you want something done you need to supply all the parts.

As a builder myself now for a few years only to friends and family, I agree.

I am building my newphew's 6.5x284 on a M700 action a bit at a time as we get it put together. Eventually he'll have a hell of a rifle, but getting all the parts is troublesome. Especially on a 13 year olds budget.

Generational patience.

13 years, to be fair that was for walnut from a particular area or Turkey,( i think he must have waited for the tree to grow some more).and also the engraver had the rifle for 3 years.the thing is a work of art, but it wont group under 2" and you wouldnt take it out in the rain.

This time around the guy wanted some accuracy, kevlar, stainless steel and ceramic coatings. he brought me 7 rifles to re build, 3 months for the 1st 1 to be ready, there after 2 every 8 weeks until they are done.but he isnt worried if 8 weeks stretches to 12, which it will as my work load is large. luckily 2 are staying in orignal stocks, the rest are going in stocks i have on shelf, wo we are only waiting for barrels, the 1st of which arrived in 4 weeks from LW.

Montana.. now that sounds good too. If I didnt have 2 kids in school/university here in Sauerkrautland,id have had my bags packed long since. looks like i'm stuck here now..

ha ha.. i'm my own most patient customer, ive a .458Lott thats been sat waiting to be built from day 1.. i just cant make up my mind which damn stock to put on it. I guess i could finish it up for my 50th birthday in just over 7 years eh..

Pete

I have been waiting over 1 year for one of mine , if he is a reputable smith just try not to think about it to much .

Well I'm currently wading through the last outstanding few of my one of a kind builds,based on parts from all over the globe, where parts ae missing due to non delivery or no longer manufacturer, either i'm agreeing with customers to cancell, or to switch to alterantives that are available, I should have all my backlog out the way by Christmas.

when it comes to bullshit, if a riflesmith is bullshitted by a supplier, especialy with regards to time frames invarably the bullshit is unfortunately passed on to a customer,

from experience, once supply is late, a smith ends up chasing the supplier, because he is bieng chased by the customer, that is a circle you do not want to get into. 1/2 hour per week explaining to a customer that his stock still hasnt arrived, multiply that by 20 or 40 customers, plus the time spent chasing the suppliers and half your working week is practicaly spent hanging on the phone, and not in production,., you soon get behind then..and jobs that should be quick, just dont get done on time and its a nightmare to get caught back up.. believe me,,been there, got the t shirt,

supply of parts is the absolute be all and end all of timely finished work. one slip up in the supply chain and it all goes to ratshit.

Pete

The 09 group build is currently going on 2 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 09 group build is currently going on 2 years. </div></div>

I feel bad for you guys - good luck with the outcome!!

I just got one that I started the build sheet on in March of 2009, it was delivered 1st week of September so thats about 2 1/2 years. I'd have this guy build another in a second and not sweat the wait.

I would be patient, stuff comes up in life and makes it hard for a great builder to "throw" the stuff together. I am of the patient type but society is a society of yesterday. Remember when we used to mail checks with handwritten orders for companies not located near us? I know it will turn out great and you will be happy, but it is hard to watch everyone else play with the fun toys when you are waiting on yours. I can let you shoot mine next time if you are missing the recoil?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a full customer supplied components build though, it should not take over 3 or 4 months maximum to complete the build - if it does, then the Smith is jerking you around!!! </div></div>And Buckey knows best! After hiring/firing 10 or more builders due to disagreements & lack of communication, you don't mess with Jeff Long. Who want's to be his next victim('smith) to get fired?
laugh.gif

I cant imagine a build taking as long as some of you guys have waited.
Must be getting special parts or tools custom made.

2 years... geez. I hope we get that busy one day!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant imagine a build taking as long as some of you guys have waited.</div></div> +1

I gave a Wyoming gunsmith every part I needed while I was in Afghanistan for a year and a half. Came back to a box of parts. Picked up my box of parts and built it myself when I had access to the equipment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muskox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gave a Wyoming gunsmith every part I needed while I was in Afghanistan for a year and a half. Came back to a box of parts. Picked up my box of parts and built it myself when I had access to the equipment. </div></div>

I'd have been beside myself and probably would have used said gun on the sumbitch when it was finished... that's bullshit...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muskox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gave a Wyoming gunsmith every part I needed while I was in Afghanistan for a year and a half. Came back to a box of parts. Picked up my box of parts and built it myself when I had access to the equipment.</div></div>

You don't have to name any names but was this guy out of Gillette?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant imagine a build taking as long as some of you guys have waited.
Must be getting special parts or tools custom made.

2 years... geez. I hope we get that busy one day! </div></div>

It's not from his long list of customers..... it's from his lack of commitment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muskox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope Casper, he's out of business now. </div></div>

Gotcha. Just curious as there are a few "gunsmiths" up here that I hear nothing good about.

I bought a custom hunting rifle from a widow that was dumping her late husband's collection after it collected dust for 10 years. It was a very good price; didn't even cover the parts involved actually.

I called the shop that supposedly built it and they looked it up. The guy claimed to be the 'smith that built it. When I asked what truing process was involved he said:

"Remington's are so good that they don't need any truing except for the rare case that gets the lugs lapped".

They were in Montana, I forget the name of the shop. Needless to say it shot like a factory gun... a shot gun.

My one and only custom rifle was a 14 month wait. Supplied parts were the factory Rem 700 action, scope base and rings, bottom metal, bolt knob, and scope. The smith provided the stock and barrel. I was quoted 9 months, took 14. Turned out great. The longest wait was for the McMillan A5 stock. Seems they make them in batches. Another factor was this particular smith is a chatterbox, and every time I went over with some more parts, he had other customers in his shop shooting the breeze with him. I decided not to pressure him and got a good product. Eventually he stopped answering the phone except during 2 hrs on certain days, as having to talk to custumers all day really cuts into your work time. I would use him again for another build, but I would make sure I supplied ALL the parts next time.

My custom rifle was done in about 2 months. I supplied the action, smith ordered the Manners stock and Lilja barrel. All action work, assembly and paint was done is right around 2 months and rifle was delivered.

Only smith I will use from then on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My custom rifle was done in about 2 months. I supplied the action, smith ordered the Manners stock and Lilja barrel. All action work, assembly and paint was done is right around 2 months and rifle was delivered.

Only smith I will use from then on. </div></div>

Pheonix custom rifles is building a rifle for me right now. Looks like I should get it very soon. These guys are good at what they do and fast; and I plan on future builds with them for sure!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-Q7b-vHY3Q"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-Q7b-vHY3Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I don't mind waiting for a smith to do his magic. But if I'm told 6 weeks and it's going on 10-12 weeks is it really that hard to drop me an email? Hell maybe even a phone call every month for a status update? I don't know, I'm not a smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night poacher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a full customer supplied components build though, it should not take over 3 or 4 months maximum to complete the build - if it does, then the Smith is jerking you around!!! </div></div>And Buckey knows best! After hiring/firing 10 or more builders due to disagreements & lack of communication, you don't mess with Jeff Long. Who want's to be his next victim('smith) to get fired?
laugh.gif
</div></div>

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night poacher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctressler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He told me it would be done in 4 months and we are about to hit 8</div></div> I'd have him box it up & send it back. Too many good builders out there and many more getting into the business rather to deal with BS. Estimated times should be within reason, 4 months later is ridiculous.

Whenever a new builder opens shop, I think it's a good thing for the consumer. </div></div>

Agree and disagree.

My GAP was estimated to be 4-6 months. I'm now at 11 months and I imagine that by the time I get the rifle it will be a year or more from the time I ordered it.

Sometimes shit happens and builders get behind, especially smaller shops.

Agreed that the more that enter the market the better.

Well, it ended up taking 17 months to get my rifle, I just picked it up the other day. I wish I could say it was worth the wait, but he did a half-assed job on it. I know he finished other rifles ahead of mine that were ordered well after mine, and he never did follow through with some of the basic items. I have yet to shoot it, hopefully it performs.

I sure wish I would have ordered this from Score High, I would have been shooting it a year ago and it would have been put together nicely.

How did you decide to go with the builder you used?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CTressler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, it ended up taking 17 months to get my rifle, I just picked it up the other day. I wish I could say it was worth the wait, but he did a half-assed job on it. I know he finished other rifles ahead of mine that were ordered well after mine, and he never did follow through with some of the basic items. I have yet to shoot it, hopefully it performs.

I sure wish I would have ordered this from Score High, I would have been shooting it a year ago and it would have been put together nicely. </div></div>