• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How long was your suppressor approval

JMC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2007
Wisconsin
I am waiting on my suppressors to be approved and I'm hoping it will be soon. I was hoping to set this up as a check for guys like myself who are waiting?

If possible list the date your Check was cashed and when you received notice that your stamp was approved?

Suppressor 1:

Check Cashed:
10-30-13

Approved:
July 24, 2014

Suppressor 2

Check Cashed:
12-12-13

Approved:
8-10-14

Thanks

JMC

Last edited:
I am waiting on my suppressors to be approved and I'm hoping it will be soon. I was hoping to set this up as a check for guys like myself who are waiting?

If possible list the date your Check was cashed and when you received notice that your stamp was approved?

Suppressor 1:

Check Cashed:
10-30-13

Approved:
Waiting....

Suppressor 2

Check Cashed:
12-12-13

Approved:
Waiting....

Thanks

JMC

I'd call. I got two tax stamps last week for form 4's mailed in January.

How long was your suppressor approval

Nfatracker.com

Nfa tracker works well when everything is consistent. It was off when wait times were drastically extended and I think it is off now that they are speeding up the process. According to nfatracker I shouldn't get my forms until December and they both came back a week ago.

I agree that the Wait Time Predictor does a poor job accounting for changes in staff and throughput, however, the OP can pull up the graph, click on any data point with a similar "check cashed" date, and get an idea of when approvals were happening. Exactly the information he's looking for.

I agree that the Wait Time Predictor does a poor job accounting for changes in staff and throughput, however, the OP can pull up the graph, click on any data point with a similar "check cashed" date, and get an idea of when approvals were happening. Exactly the information he's looking for.

You're right. I spend so much time looking at the wait time predict function I wasn't even thinking about that sorting by date.

I filed 2 FORM 1s ( to make) mailed 19-DEC-2013
Both checks cashed 02-JAN-2014
Date marked on stamp as approved 15-JUL-2014
Mailed on 17-JUL-2014

Now I just have to order material and get the right tooling set.

Enjoy
Victor

I just got one of mime back today, Got the call from my dealer and picked it up. He said he hasn't heard back on the other but just changed his address so that may be part of the delay. Still waiting on the other.

Forum 4
Check Jan 5-14
Pending March 5-14
Approved July 17-14
Can in had July 23-14
Not counting the 16 months from manufacturer to dealer

My November e filed form 4 was 4 months. My last two paper forms were 8 months. Most recent efile sbs is sitting at 1 month and nfa tracker is predicting November

March 7, 2014 I placed an order through a local dealer and still waiting for the form 3 to clear. I have yet to file form 4! How long does this usually take?

My last paper form 4 took 8 mo. Had another just before that took 10 mo. I think generally the times are coming down. But it's still a long wait.

I don't know what the form 3 times are, sorry.

Second one picked up yesterday! Finally have them home. Now debating about a rimfire or pistol can.

BATF cashed my cashiers check 3-6-14. Approved 9-19-14. Picked up yesterday.