• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many AKs do you need to become an AK guy?

Rambo Sonny

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2022
Boston
How many AKs do you need to become an AK guy?

Attachments

• 123123123.png
    123123123.png
    755.1 KB · Views: 172
If you only have one AK . Your a AK guy. As long as you shoot it regularly and our proficient with it.
If you have more than one AK and you rarely shoot them and are not very good with them.
You are a collector.
Currently I have three and can run all three proficiently.
Bought this Norinco Type 56 in the mid 80"s . Was my 1st AK . Has a unbelievable smooth trigger.
258_LI.jpg

Last edited:
A short one is enough for me

Attachments

• 20220606_180138.jpg
    20220606_180138.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 55
Picture in OP doesn't match the text. AKs should be made from wood, bakelite, and Soviet satellite country dirt/tears
Cyka Blyat

Wrong, even the Russians realized upgrades are good. Zenitco is especially good which is what you’re looking at. Tapco doesn’t belong on AK.

Last edited:
Being an AK guy is really more about the hair than the rifle. And Whiteclaw. Lots of Whiteclaw…
That guy is just short of a poser. Venture off to the AK Files and you'll find some crusty AK OG's. They drink whiskey or vodka and build AK, FAL's, and old cars for fun. They're all cheap asses, and always complaining about how prices are going up on everything. They're mostly boomers and gen X'ers and many have small machine shops in their garages. They all cry for exotic military imports until they actually get them and then complain about insignificant features or that it's too expensive to buy.

Those are real AK guys. lol
*I hope someone from the AK Files or FAL Files reads this and spits their coffee out.*

OP,
In all seriousness, I consider myself an AK guy and I only own one AK right now. It's my Romy parts kit AK that I have set up for comps. I cashed out on all my collectible AK's during the panic buying in 2020.
The fact that I've owned at least a dozen AK's from over half a dozen countries, built AK's, and I feel confident enough on them to compete with them, makes me "feel" like an AK guy.
But who knows, the way things are going these days maybe tomorrow I'll feel like a woman.

Last edited:
That guy is just short of a poser. Venture off to the AK Files and you'll find some crusty AK OG's. They drink whiskey or vodka and build AK, FAL's, and old cars for fun. They're all cheap asses, and always complaining about how prices are going up on everything. They're mostly boomers and gen X'ers and many have small machine shops in their garages. They all cry for exotic military imports until they actually get them and then complain about insignificant features or that it's too expensive to buy.

*I hope someone from the AK Files or FAL Files reads this and spits their coffee out.*

OP,
In all seriousness, I consider myself an AK guy and I only own one AK right now. It's my Romy parts kit AK that I have set up for comps. I cashed out on all my collectible AK's during the panic buying in 2020.
The fact that I've owned at least a dozen AK's from over half a dozen countries, built AK's, and I feel confident enough on them to compete with them, makes me "feel" like an AK guy.
But who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll feel like a woman.
Well said, ma'am.

• Haha
Reactions: wdrjr and Bakwa

OP,
But who knows, the way things are going these days maybe tomorrow I'll feel like a woman.
That's a pretty good overview of the AK files.
Been a member on the files for many years now. That place was the wild west of gun forums at one time.
Just a shadow of what it was. Still the best place for all things AK.

Reactions: Bakwa
I was never an AK guy.
But I like pew pew stuff.
I have AKs, HKs, ARs, VZs and other alphabet soup stuff.
But I certainly identify as a poor.

that is the perfect length AK...i had an SBR in that length and sold it. should have sold this one instead. that gas port on the krink has ruined more glove fingers....its right where my thumb wants to be.

View attachment 7886859
If you’re in a tank, the 12.4 stuff like a 105 is better for all around use.

You're only an AK guy if you have more AKs than there are in these two pictures.
LOWSAVz58-1.jpg

LOWSAVz58-2.jpg

Reactions: Bakwa
I have only one with standard length and wood furniture (Wasr) I’ve always wanted an under folder and a Krink. But now they’re just so pricey compared to what I paid many years ago. Just don’t see myself getting another.
So I built a 7.62 AR shorty.

I’d say it all depends on what your circle of peers/friends have. If no one else has an AK and you do (and like to talk about it), well you’re the AK guy now. If you are friends with some of the people on the Files who have dozens of AKs and tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, well, not so much.