• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many people patrol their property to look for changes?

Daddyusmaximus

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 3, 2020
I got my tax stamp the other day on my 2nd can. (1st centerfire can) I love the ability to reach out accurately. I've been learning here, so I read more than I post. Now with the added capability of muffling the report a bit, and preventing any flash signature, that should help me out should I need to do so without drawing too much unwanted attention someday.

308449997_3222023211379483_727419281904364798_n.jpg

Problem is, that would also work for other as well. When out on the property taking photos with the new can, I got to thinking... How vulnerable is my (your) home.. from on your own property? Other have these skills too. Many better that I...

308632011_3222023334712804_152157394550330330_n.jpg

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually do walk my land (even though it ain't much) with my dog.
We walk it quite often. She loves to run around, and explore, and it gives me a chance to see if anything has changed since last we were out. I think knowing what's normal, and what's different is very helpful. One should not be surprised by something on his own property. "That wasn't here before." "When did that tree fall?"

Every day with my Rottie. But we are more looking for evidence of bears, moose, wolves, cougars, coyotes, skunks all which we've spotted in the last few months. People too, but that's rare now since most of the land around here has been bought up and we are all armed ;)

Here is the reality:

If someone is committed to killing you or your family, and they have the means and skills to do so, (which really doesn't require that much), you'll never prevent it. Cameras everywhere, fences gates, dogs, etc will help, but they won't make you truly untouchable. All you can honestly do is be ready to unleash hell if that day comes and be proficient with your gear. Other than that, those thoughts will just lead to paranoia. People kill presidents and world leaders, and there are entire branches of government committed to their protection, so the idea that you'll ever be truly safe is a fallacy. This is the reality that anti gun dems are oblivious to. They believe the world is a safe place and that they will never be a victim. It isn't and it never has been.

Settling into your comfortable "routine" is a major human flaw. From a distance a lamp turning on or off in your house defines your routine. Putting the trash out at the same time, same day of the week sets you up for a home invasion. Walking your dog at the same time, same place sets you up for an ambush... Posting photos (like these) broadcast your possessions worldwide. Should I go on ?

Here is the reality:

If someone is committed to killing you or your family, and they have the means and skills to do so, (which really doesn't require that much), you'll never prevent it. Cameras everywhere, fences gates, dogs, etc will help, but they won't make you truly untouchable. All you can honestly do is be ready to unleash hell if that day comes and be proficient with your gear. Other than that, those thoughts will just lead to paranoia. People kill presidents and world leaders, and there are entire branches of government committed to their protection, so the idea that you'll ever be truly safe is a fallacy. This is the reality that anti gun dems are oblivious to. They believe the world is a safe place and that they will never be a victim. It isn't and it never has been.
100% true.

With that said, the chances of an elite team of assassins raiding my house are slim to none... for now.

I'm more worried about a meth'd out tweaker setting up camp in the woods at the back end of my property that might decide to break into my home or vehicles one day looking for something to steal. They're a more realistic threat.

My neighbors and I walk those woods and through each other's fields to discourage those unsavory types from making themselves welcome where they're not.

Knock on wood, it seems to be working well thus far. We had one squatter with a big mouth that quieted down awfully quickly and GTFOT when my 70+ year old neighbor tried to show him his barbecue gun.

100% true.

With that said, the chances of an elite team of assassins raiding my house are slim to none... for now.

I'm more worried about a meth'd out tweaker setting up camp in the woods at the back end of my property that might decide to break into my home or vehicles one day looking for something to steal. They're a more realistic threat.

My neighbors and I walk those woods and through each other's fields to discourage those unsavory types from making themselves welcome where they're not.

Knock on wood, it seems to be working well thus far. We had one squatter with a big mouth that quieted down awfully quickly and GTFOT when my 70+ year old neighbor tried to show him his barbecue gun.
You need a team of well trained Honeybadgers.

• Haha
Reactions: vinniedelpino
100% true.

Good thoughts..... So, what do you do when you drive up to your house, go in and find the meth'd out tweaker rummaging through your stuff ?
I've given this some thought... It becomes a "risk versus reward" situation...

Good thoughts..... So, what do you do when you drive up to your house, go in and find the meth'd out tweaker rummaging through your stuff ?
"Let me see your hands. On the floor, if you move youre Swiss Cheese." If he moves....

I'd get him a cold beer and hot meal, then offer to pay for a hotel room at the nearest holiday inn.....

"Let me see your hands. On the floor, if you move youre Swiss Cheese." If he moves....
The Deputy that shows up will not be enthused. You just created two hours of paper work for him at the end of the shift. Before the Deputy completes his paper work the tweaker is released out the side door... Should you injure the thief he will be given full medical evaluation, spend time in the hospital at the expense of the tax payer and will file a civil suit against you.
Feeding him to the pigs may work out better.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
The Deputy that shows up will not be enthused. You just created two hours of paper work for him at the end of the shift. Before the Deputy completes his paper work the tweaker is released out the side door... Should you injure the thief he will be given full medical evaluation, spend time in the hospital at the expense of the tax payer and will file a civil suit against you.
Feeding him to the pigs may work out better.
Just gotta make sure he moves....

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
The dog(s) and I always make a tour around the perimeter every evening before we retire and every morning again before breakfast. We look at everything from footprints to who has been in the bird feeder and water. We look for little stuff that anyone who doesn't live here and know where every leaf and stick was 8 hours ago would never know.

The house/property is hard - fenced and video surveilled, doors are hard and there is no Way for anyone to just bang down the door and invade. If it were a group of pros I'm sure we'd be toast but there is nothing here and no evidence of riches or easy goodies. Literally it'll take a small army of determined assholes to breach the property and kill us/take our stuff. The Stuff they can have if it's in the yard. Get into the house and it'll be interesting as we'll have quite a bit of notice to prepare a proper and fitting introduction. I sleep just fine.

If someone was gonna set up a half a mile away and snipe me thru a window I'll be dead and won't care. Nothing here is worth that.

Voodoo

Reactions: Maggot
My land is heavily wooded with trails so I enjoy walking in the afternoons. By default I am always looking around in case something is out of place. Years ago when we first bought it I had trouble with poachers who had gotten used to the land not being looked after.
These days it’s just a nice hike up and down the hills.

you're all fking retarded, paranoid schizos or just have too much time on your hands

patrol property for changes lol
I’m always worried about random snipers taking me out when I’m looking out the window.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I check my slab of Mother Earth every day, even tho, it's a small piece, I check it.
I'm an ex-commiefornian since '95, and I still lock shit up, tight. Mac;)

Reactions: 30calDeath
I check my slab of Mother Earth every day, even tho, it's a small piece, I check it.
I'm an ex-commiefornian since '95, and I still lock shit up, tight. Mac;)
But that’s normal, you should look to make sure people haven’t big digging around or passing through. He’s looking for where a sniper could take him out from his bushes...

But that’s normal, you should look to make sure people haven’t big digging around or passing through. He’s looking for where a sniper could take him out from his bushes...
I only have one building that's elevated higher than my house near me, so, not too worried about the "sniping" thing. I'm more worried about my tax $$ supporting alphabeti swatting me, than I am, some other shithead laying in wait. But, I guess, anything is a possibility.
Mac:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: akmike47
Patrol mine every couple days.
“yep, still looks like shit. No one’s trimmed those bushes. Nobody’s pull those weeds. Shed still needs to be painted. Oh well, maybe next time.”

Reactions: hollowoutadime
I use the “we were soldiers” idea…

So every morning I walk out with my coffee and fire 3 rounds at anything that looks suspicious. My wildlife numbers have plummeted like crazy but no break ins so far 😎
Recon by fire. Old technique.
you're all fking retarded, paranoid schizos or just have too much time on your hands

patrol property for changes lol
Maybe only a bit paranoid at the moment, but with the left weaponizing the 3 letter agencies against their political opponents, and thinking ahead to when things may go south... Yeah... it's a habit to think about getting into.

Same deal as when some idiot has really done something wrong to you, and for a second there, you want to take them out.
You know you easily could take them out... but of course you don't... because you're the good guy, and you're not a psycho, and you know it's against the law... and you're hoping to go to heaven when it's all said, and done... so you bite your tongue, and let it slide.

Difference is now you're thinking defensively... about how some psycho might try to take you, and yours out.
No way to 100% prevent it, but you could take steps to help mitigate some of the risks.

My place is indefensible.
My only hope is that if somebody wants to take me out - that they are accurate enough to get the job done and not just wing me. I really hate that. LOL

I use to do structure security assessments when I lived in the city. I often sit back and look at my house thinking, "If I wanted to get in there and take my shit, how would I do it?" and harden as necessary. The land attached to the property is mine to use as long as I don't cause damage, so it changes all the time. Landlord is a busy body.

The trick to not having a psycho around your house is make people think that’s where the psycho lives. Some steps to protect you and your loved ones…

1) Garden Naked- What sane person would even think to do this (warmer months)

2) Complain about all the airport noises. Even though there isn’t an airport within 20 miles of you

3) Frequently walk absolutely nothing on a lease. Then constantly bitch at that nothing to be quiet

4) When hauling things in from the car use one giant bag. Shaped like a body bag. Not only for your convenience (less trips) but to show others you necessarily need help and there’s no reason for them to come offer it

Follow these guidelines and you’ll be on your way to a safer and likely lonelier life!!

The trick to not having a psycho around your house is make people think that’s where the psycho lives. Some steps to protect you and your loved ones…

1) Garden Naked- What sane person would even think to do this (warmer months)

2) Complain about all the airport noises. Even though there isn’t an airport within 20 miles of you

3) Frequently walk absolutely nothing on a lease. Then constantly bitch at that nothing to be quiet

4) When hauling things in from the car use one giant bag. Shaped like a body bag. Not only for your convenience (less trips) but to show others you necessarily need help and there’s no reason for them to come offer it

Follow these guidelines and you’ll be on your way to a safer and likely lonelier life!!
I go the other way.
I accept their ammo orders when they order it and it shows up while they are gone on vacation. No use feeding the porch pirates. I roll their garbage dumpsters in for them. That kind of thing.

They got my six, I have theirs.

when we were kids we used to walk the fence line of pops parents property thinking that would give us enough time to sober up does that count lol. shame it never worked everyone always knew we were shit faced .

• Haha
Reactions: 232593