• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors How many people use Quicken for there Trust?

Re: How many people use Quicken for there Trust?

I used Quicken will maker for mine and haven't had any problems so far... I guess it varies from state to state. I know that the guys at www.guntrustlawyer.com/ really don't recommend using Quicken. If you're having troubles with Quicken that it's probably worth it to fork over the $$ to have a lawyer write you up a trust specific to your state laws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just having some issues with mine got it back from the dealer who has my suppressor and he is saying it needs all kinds of revisions.</div></div>

The dealer wants to see the revisions done or the BATFE is telling you they need to be done?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just having some issues with mine got it back from the dealer who has my suppressor and he is saying it needs all kinds of revisions. </div></div>

Jon and I both used quicken for ours.. I dont know that your dealer has the legal know how to read a legal trust document to determine if it is correct or not..

Go to some of the silencer forums and read and you will find that a ton of people use quicken without problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just having some issues with mine got it back from the dealer who has my suppressor and he is saying it needs all kinds of revisions. </div></div>

Jon and I both used quicken for ours.. I dont know that your dealer has the legal know how to read a legal trust document to determine if it is correct or not..

Go to some of the silencer forums and read and you will find that a ton of people use quicken without problems. </div></div>

Thats not whats happening.. The BATFE now has a check list of state by state trusts run down by lawyers in those states and if something is missing from the check list you are told to change it or you will be denied..

BTW use www.findlegalforms.com.. They even have trusts for Louisiana..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just having some issues with mine got it back from the dealer who has my suppressor and he is saying it needs all kinds of revisions.</div></div>

The dealer wants to see the revisions done or the BATFE is telling you they need to be done?</div></div>

Dealer is telling me

just had one approved about a month ago and i used quicken????

i used quicken and got 2 stamps in about a month ago, no issues,

just make sure you take out the first pages when you print that say or have quicken on them is what my dealer told me

Quicken works for me... I would NOT use a LLC or Corp... Talk about Money! and high maintenance. If you fail to file an annual report your LLC could be in jeopardy and then you have contraband.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I Talked to a lawer yesterday and now I think Im going to go with a LLC. Anybody do it this way?</div></div>

Major pain in the ass, fire your lawyer, he just wants more money. You'll have to file minutes, articles of incorporation possibly, etc etc

What changes does your dealer want to see? Is he an attorney, does he know what the hell he's talking about?

Sent one off on 15 Jun with Quicken, and the check hasn't even been cashed yet.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I don't know what to do I admit I'm not to bright when it comes to these things. All this Lawyer Talk goes right over my head. I wish I had someone to look over my trust the copy he (my dealer) made all the notes and highlights on things to be changed. I just want things to go smoothly and not have any trouble with the atf. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I Talked to a lawer yesterday and now I think Im going to go with a LLC. Anybody do it this way?</div></div>

Major pain in the ass, fire your lawyer, he just wants more money. You'll have to file minutes, articles of incorporation possibly, etc etc

What changes does your dealer want to see? Is he an attorney, does he know what the hell he's talking about?

</div></div> Yes he is a lawyer, If he knows what he is talking about I have no idea I would not know if it was right or wrong. He refered me to this other lawyer, He is the one who advised against the trust and to go with the LLC. He also said you dont have to file anything every year with this LLC.

Dude, if your Class III dealer is giving you legal advice, you've got enough problems already. I would suggest finding a good probate atty in the local yellow pages, explaining your situation, and then going with their advice based on a quote for services.

Bottom line: a trust requires far less maintenance then an LLC or Corporation, and doesn't effect your tax returns.

Best of luck on your choice - and remember, all the ATF can say is, "no".

Please bear in mind the following:
dont = don't
Im = I'm
on of = on
smoothley = smoothly
anytrouble = any trouble
righr = right

Lazlo,

Thanks for the advice and spelling corrections without those this thread would be a total loss.
grin.gif

I found a free generic one through google and used it, changed us to them and we to they. Have 4 stamps now and no issues. It cost me nothing and the notary was free as well. But if you feel the need and quicken is not for you, I recommend legal zoom.

I used Quicken. Easy, been thru the ATF several times without n issue. Not sure your SOT is the guy I'd be looking to for legal advice. YMMV,and I'm sure they differ by state. Quicken requires you to pick your state, so it should be specific . Does your SOT have a nephew in town thats a lawyer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just having some issues with mine got it back from the dealer who has my suppressor and he is saying it needs all kinds of revisions. </div></div>

Go to some of the silencer forums and read and you will find that a ton of people use quicken without problems. </div></div>

Jon's worked, got the approved form 4 back for him today.

Scott