• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many reload presses do you use?

How many presses do you use?

Votes: 46 32.4%

Votes: 43 30.3%

Votes: 28 19.7%

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters

PFG

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Texas
I'm curious how many presses everyone uses in their process. Right now I've got one press dedicated to decapping, and one press dedicated to sizing and seating. Thinking about adding a third that is dedicated to seating, so I can leave my SAC seating die in full time.

What say you? Are you a multiple press reloader? Single press with turrets?

Vote and join the discussion!

3 here, One dedicated to 45 ACP, 9mm, 357, 38 and 5.56 loaded on a Dillon 750.

Forster Coax for decamping, bumping shoulders and sizing for precision ammo, 6.5 CM, 6 Dasher and 223 Rem.

K&M Arbor press for neck sizing and seating only.

Dillon 550 for precision rifle stuff, the two or three calibers I shoot most often.
Dillon 650 for bulk rifle/pistol
Redding Big Boss II for everything else like .243, .270, 30-06, 7-08, etc. The stuff not shot very often.

EDIT: If I could do it over, I'd use just two, a 650 or 750, and a single stage.

Last edited:
Two currently a 550 and Hornady classic single. I'd like to eventually get another 550 to be able to dedicate one each to small and large primers. It is a bit annoying to swap between them.

I have two Dillon 1050's, one setup for small primer and the other for large. A RCBS Rock Chucker that was my first reloader from the late 70's, still working fine. Also a Ponsness Warren Metallic MII, I got used in the early 80s.

Also have 2 Ponsness Warren Shotgun Loaders.

Reactions: Huskydriver
New guy here. Just started to acquire reloading stuff for my new rifle. Only one press for now...RCBS Rebel. Will likely add an arbor press for seating, and (further down the road) maybe a Dillon that many of you seem to enjoy.

3 right now:

1) Zero for precision (selling my T7 for more than I paid so why not trade up at these prices)
2) Dillion 750 for bulk
3) Lee single stage for decapping

waiting on the AMP arbor press to be released and I’m done... for now.

Currently running a 550 and mec marksman. Planning to add a 750 in the near future for bulk stuff.

I use one press. I used to have a progressive Lee Loadmaster for handgun ammo too. I auctioned it off after my last run of 9mm.

Dillon 550b for .223, and 9mm reloading.
MEC marksman for precision loads.
I have contemplated using the Dillon for case prep, but haven't gotten that far yet.

I only load for precision centerfire. Running my 15 year old Rockchucker. Sure wish the primers catch tray worked better.

Rockchucker set up to deprime (also my first press and I couldn’t even try to count the number of cycles that press has)
Dillon 550 large primer.
Dillon 550 small primer.

Not that it’s hard to change primer size, just the only excuse I had.

I have a 550 now and use it for everything. I ended up selling my Turret as I just preferred the Dillon in every way.

I would like to add a 750 in the future, and that would do everything I need it to.

550 for precision and most rifle
750 for all the bulk pistol (mainly 9mm and 38/357)

One, Rcbs Rock Chucker

However if I shot a lot of pistol or 556 I would add a progressive press to the reload room

Dillon 550 for sizing/powder/seat/crimp on 45, 9 and 380.
Forster Co-ax for rifle.
Lee1000 for decapping pistol in bulk.

I decap, then wet tumble everything. Pistol then gets primed. Rifle gets annealed (Giraud), sized, trimmed (Giraud) then dry tumbled, after which it gets primed. I'll store the primed brass ready to load.

Dillon 1050 for bulk 556
Co-Ax for most of my reloading
RCBS RockChucker for small pistol and decapping.
A Dillon 650 or 750 is in my future.

Pacific Multi-Power - now mostly decapping
Dillon XL750 originally intended for handgun / 223 plinking but starting to do more on this including decapping.
Finishing up a Co-Ax rust bucket project that was intended as an upgrade for rifle ammo but I may end up doing most on the Dillon. We'll see.

Two Dillon SDB, one Dillon 650. One rock chucker for low production. A vintage Massive herters with a handle I modified to 30” for some heavy duty sizing. A BMG press for BMG and Boys. And the Bonanza press I bought in high school now set up with APS system for priming. All have specific strengths and functions.

I suppose the 20 ton hyd. press for sizing 25mm doesn’t really count.

Sirhr

1 hornady L&L progressive. But looking to add a single stage and arbor with force pack.

Just running a coax for everything including priming. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Want to upgrade to a Zero and a CPS at some point though

One for Decapping/Resizing
One for Bullet Seating (223/6.5/7mm/.30)
One for Bullet Seating (6 BRA)
One for Bullet Seating (300WM)

Dillon 550 for 9mm (all stages), 223/6.5 CM (priming, charging, seating only)

Redding T7 (Decapping, sizing, bullet pulling, seating 6.5CM if I'm taking my time, all stages for 30-30 and 7mm Rem Mag)

35yo Pacific/Hornady 007 Single Stage for decapping using RCBS Universal/Large Decapping Dies
Hornady (LP) & RCBS Universal (SP) hand priming tools
RCBS Rock Chucker IV for sizing and seating

Dillon 1050 - 9mm
Dillon 650 - 38 Super Comp
Dillon 650 - 40 S&W
Dillon 550 - 45ACP, 45LC, 9mm
Harrel Turret - Everything Rifle - 243 AI, 223, 223AI, 17 Rem, Tac 20, 221 Fireball, 22-250, 6 creedmoor
RCBS Rock Chuck - Utility, decapping

I have an rcbs d ring style press for rifle rounds. A lee turrent for pistol and a pacific i think for 12 guage. Then i have a lee d ring thats unused and a mec 600 jr thats unused as backups that i aquired thru time. I like the consistency of doing it all on one machine though with one feel and that much give all the time. Doesnt take much time to change dies and it makes sure they are set each time and i dont get lazy.

I reload 9mm, 357/38, 40, 45, 44lc .222, .223, 30-30, 30-06, 308, 270, 243, 6.5 cm, 338 lm, 30 carbine, 12 guage, 20 guage and 410, 300 wby mag, 7mm mag, and 450 bushmaster.

Buchanan Precision Machine for portable reloading and rifle ammo where the brass preparation steps favor a single stage press.
Dillon 550 for general purpose.

I use two
1 progressive hornady lock n load ap for bulk 223 300BLK and 9MM and to deprime everything else for cleaning.

1 single stage RCBS for everything else hunting load and match loads.

I have a rock chucker and a Sinclair copy I made. Seeing benefit in the area 419 press to help speed up the process by keeping the dies in position and would be able to make repeatable adjustments.

Dillon 1050 w/Mark 7 for 9mm
Dillon 1050 for 40 SW, 5.56
Dillon 650 for 45, 308
RCBS Ammomaster 2 for 338 Lapua and 6.5 PRC (if I could get some brass).
Probably going to add a Rock Chucker for decapping.

Redding Big Boss II, W/ Hornady LnL bushings.
(20. Practical, .308, 300WM, 6.5CM, .22-250 and 7.62x39)

Dillon 550.
(9mm, .38special/.357, .40cal, 45acp, 44mag)

Dillon 650. (5.56/.223)

Believe it or not... I use one Lee hand press for everything. But I can see the wisdom behind having more than one.

Mike

Reactions: Texasflyer
i use a RCBS rockchucker to deprime, and resize, then the Forster Coax to seat projectiles

Two Dillion 550’s, one for small primer and one for large primer. A Redding Boss that I use to load hunting rifle caliber’s and case forming and an fairly ancient Lyman Orange Crush, which is going to become my dedicated 6.5 Creedmoor small primer decapping and resizing press. (Waiting on small part to get it back up and running). Do a lot of single stage reloading on the Dillons, including both large and small primer Creedmoor.

Reactions: Remman13