• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

how many rounds

Re: how many rounds

For a 308? After 5,000 to 6,000 you might see some accuracy decline. A few guys here have seen 10,000 through a barrel.

You're not even close to having to worry about it. It'll let you know when it's time for a set back and rechamber (if your barrel can accommodate it) or a new barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wreck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

After how many rounds should i change my barrel? i shot 280 so far usually 20-40 every time i go.

Thanks
chris </div></div>

Barrel life is dependednt on a lot of factors such as what caliber you are shooting, what type of ammo (factory/reloads...if reloads, then how hard/fast you are pushing them), how fast you are shooting (20-40 in a couple hours is no big deal...20-40 rounds in a few minutes will be harder on a barrel/throat in the long run), if you obsessively clean the damn this you can tear up a barrel faster, etc., etc., etc.

At your current round count of 280...you have a LONG ways to go regardless of anything I said above.

Unless you're shooting 16"/50 cal Mark 7s or something of that order, you're probably not going to shoot out a barrel in 300 rounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wreck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

After how many rounds should i change my barrel? i shot 280 so far usually 20-40 every time i go.

Thanks
chris </div></div>

Barrel life is dependednt on a lot of factors such as what caliber you are shooting, what type of ammo (factory/reloads...if reloads, then how hard/fast you are pushing them), how fast you are shooting (20-40 in a couple hours is no big deal...20-40 rounds in a few minutes will be harder on a barrel/throat in the long run), if you obsessively clean the damn this you can tear up a barrel faster, etc., etc., etc.

At your current round count of 280...you have a LONG ways to go regardless of anything I said above.</div></div>

+1 to this. I all depends on cleaning and how hard you push the ammo that you use.

Aron-