• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How many USMC Scout Snipers went to other branches of SOF?

Beefsupreme18B

Gravy Boat Captain
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2019
Nevada, USA
I know of three that went to Army SF (Green Beret). Just interested to hear your opinions on whatever branch you crossed over to.

S/F

Last edited:
I didn't serve, but the topic is interesting. I only know of Clay Martin- Marine Scout Sniper/Army SF Sniper. Who are the others?

Todd Opalski transitioned from scout sniper to recon and then over to delta. I don’t know the specifics but remember reading about it recently.

I found it interesting on one of the srs interviews one of the guest/combat vet talked about how any branch of the military could apply for delta selection and if passed most branches would transfer the individual to the Army except for the marine core. If a marine made it on the team they were technically on loan and could be called back to the core at any time.

Todd Opalski transitioned from scout sniper to recon and then over to delta. I don’t know the specifics but remember reading about it recently.

I found it interesting on one of the srs interviews one of the guest/combat vet talked about how any branch of the military could apply for delta selection and if passed most branches would transfer the individual to the Army except for the marine core. If a marine made it on the team they were technically on loan and could be called back to the core at any time.
Oh, for fuck's sake...

It's Marine Corps. A core is the middle of an apple. A Corps is a military unit.

But please, keep letting your ignorance inform us further on how little you know on the subject.

Oh, for fuck's sake...

It's Marine Corps. A core is the middle of an apple. A Corps is a military unit.

But please, keep letting your ignorance inform us further on how little you know on the subject.

Who pissed in your Cheerios? Or should I say who ate your crayon?

So sorry I didn’t catch my phone auto corrected a few words but please enlighten me on the ignorance you speak of? I’m genuinely intrigued.

I never claimed to be a marine or an expert on the topic. If either part of my comment was untrue I would like to hear your take on it. I simply passed along a name op could research and what was said in an interview recently.

And with all due respect, a core isn’t solely defined as the middle of an apple although that is one relatable use of the word. I can appreciate the sentiment though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
Who pissed in your Cheerios? Or should I say who ate your crayon?

So sorry I didn’t catch my phone auto corrected a few words but please enlighten me on the ignorance you speak of? I’m genuinely intrigued.

I never claimed to be a marine or an expert on the topic. If either part of my comment was untrue I would like to hear your take on it. I simply passed along a name op could research and what was said in an interview recently.

And with all due respect, a core isn’t solely defined as the middle of an apple although that is one relatable use of the word. I can appreciate the sentiment though.
Do you even Bear Pit, bro?