• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How much accuracy

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Toyed with putting this in reloading but I am struggling with reloading "good" ammo (aka will it chamber). Moved to a 550C off a Lee, so far its better, but trickling every charge--for a discipline like PRS is it worth the hassle? (plus developing a new routine for reloading) I'm in no danger of winning, targets tend to be 1-2MOA. Is it worth the hassle to trickle or Dillon Powder Charge and go? I got so much to work on with the gun and positions my guess is the ammo is not really worth investing time at this point.

F-Class or Benchrest? Trickle.

PRS? Ummm "F*** it"?

Do I need to up my meds or is this a reasonable action

Toyed with putting this in reloading but I am struggling with reloading "good" ammo (aka will it chamber). Moved to a 550C off a Lee, so far its better, but trickling every charge--for a discipline like PRS is it worth the hassle? (plus developing a new routine for reloading) I'm in no danger of winning, targets tend to be 1-2MOA. Is it worth the hassle to trickle or Dillon Powder Charge and go? I got so much to work on with the gun and positions my guess is the ammo is not really worth investing time at this point.

F-Class or Benchrest? Trickle.

PRS? Ummm "F*** it"?

Do I need to up my meds or is this a reasonable action
If you are using the Dillon powder thrower with ball powders..... You would arguably be GTG.

Here’s what I would do…

Load 5 cartridges of your “pet load,” trickling the powder to the desired weight. Load 5 more at 0.3 grains less, and another at 0.3 grains more. Shoot these at 3 separate targets. Then overlay all of the impacts onto a single point of aim and measure the aggregate group. Also look for a shift in the aggregate group’s average point of impact. If you are happy with the extreme spread of the aggregate group, and the poi isn’t shifting around, you’re good to go.

For example…

IMG_6031.jpeg

Reactions: tinker and DocRDS
Here’s what I would do…

Load 5 cartridges of your “pet load,” trickling the powder to the desired weight. Load 5 more at 0.3 grains less, and another at 0.3 grains more. Shoot these at 3 separate targets. Then overlay all of the impacts onto a single point of aim and measure the aggregate group. Also look for a shift in the aggregate group’s average point of impact. If you are happy with the extreme spread of the aggregate group, and the poi isn’t shifting around, you’re good to go.
This is a really good idea. I am going to do this. 500 yards should give some good information.