• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much ammo/components do you have?

Compared to before the ammo crunch (I guess about two years now) how much ammo/ components do you ha

• Less than 50%

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Closer to 75%

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • About the same

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • 25% More

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • 50% More

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • 75% More

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 100% More (2x)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • 200% More (3x)

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I went Crazy!

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

Old Man with Gun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 4, 2019
    I am just curious how much the crunch had driven hoarding, I know I am more prone to jump when I see something I want, afraid it will be gone if I wait.

Last edited:
    0F22E7E5-7681-4908-9376-A74FB1850D81.jpeg

I just find it odd that someone who it aparently afraid the government is spying on people thinks they would do so by posting a poll here or think that responding "Not today fed" wouldn't put them at the top of the list.

enough to know I need more , but enough to last for a little while , and much less than I wanted . I could hardly fill the warehouse of my dreams
    1629298218268.png

lol that would be so much fun to own and fill up with ammo just for me ..

Responses are Half meme half serious

alphabet bois monitor these forums. No reason to put info into the world that is open to the public and archiveable.

there is some shit you should keep to yourself and some shit you don’t ask other people especially in an open forum.

Responses are Half meme half serious

alphabet bois monitor these forums. No reason to put info into the world that is open to the public and archiveable.

there is some shit you should keep to yourself and some shit you don’t ask other people especially in an open forum.
    That is valid, and is why I asked if you have more and not how much. I am personally not worried about revealing I've had the same reaction to the ammo shortage that I had with the toilet paper shortage.

I just find it odd that someone who it aparently afraid the government is spying on people thinks they would do so by posting a poll here or think that responding "Not today fed" wouldn't put them at the top of the list.
    You don’t think we are watching?

….They! I meant “they are”!

Shit…

Thankfully, I haven't gotten low on components and haven't needed to resort to the gouging on Gunbroker. I cut my shooting down about 50%, though. Lowest I ever got was down to about 100 bullets, but then scored 500 more.

Best "mistake" I ever made was accidentally clicking 2 boxes of Benchrest primers instead of 1 on Midway back when they were 60 bucks a box.

I work on the field of analytics and forecasting, I have worked in wholesale distribution, import/ export and the pharmaceutical industry. The problem with big data is there is so much it is difficult to use it with good results.

With all the information from easier to analyze sources out there, I think worrying about this pole is like worrying about getting shit on by a bird during a hurricane.

Thankfully, I haven't gotten low on components and haven't needed to resort to the gouging on Gunbroker. I cut my shooting down about 50%, though. Lowest I ever got was down to about 100 bullets, but then scored 500 more.

Best "mistake" I ever made was accidentally clicking 2 boxes of Benchrest primers instead of 1 on Midway back when they were 60 bucks a box.
    I shoot 10x more rimfire than I used too and tend to focus on low round count precision shooting with run and gun, very rare!

Reactions: Emerson0311
    Down to less than 500 LRPs. I bought 400 pieces of fed srp 6mm creedmoor brass and opened it up to 6.5mm just to conserve the few large primers I have left.

The struggle is real.....

Why is this even of interest to you?

Of all the things that pass through my mind each day, how much ammo/components others have is not one of them. It simply doesn't affect me and I don't give a fuck. I only care about what I have.

I suggest you do the same.

Short answer is: none of your business

Reactions: 37L1
    Why is this even of interest to you?
    Fair question, it is inspired by the post asking if there is any end in sight to the shortage on 6.5C.

I do bussiness forecasting and analysis for a living, in short if you want to know how many turkeys your farm needs to put in the freezer before Thanksgivings over a year from now, you ask someone like me.

I am curious how much of the shortage is caused by hoarding, because that far more than demand will determine when this will end.

Last edited:
    In forecasting hoarding is buying more than you would under normal market conditions. When you don't need toilet paper, and see the shelves almost empty and get more anyway = hoarding.

Last edited:
    In forecasting hording is buying more than you would under normal market conditions. When you don't need toilet paper, and see the shelves almost empty and get more anyway = hording.

“Normal” and “need” in the context above are pretty much entirely relative.

If you have a normal digestive tract, under “normal market conditions,” X amount of toilet paper could be considered enough to last for Y amount of time.

That same amount of toilet paper (X), let’s say for someone with ulcerative colitis, again “under normal market conditions”, would not last for the same amount of time (Y) as above.

Thus, your point is shit.

“Normal” and “need” in the context above are pretty much entirely relative.

If you have a normal digestive tract, under “normal market conditions,” X amount of toilet paper could be considered enough to last for Y amount of time.

That same amount of toilet paper (X), let’s say for someone with ulcerative colitis, again “under normal market conditions”, would not last for the same amount of time (Y) as above.

Thus, your point is shit.
    Under normal market conditions a set portion of the population has these conditions so the aggregate is stable. So you are constipated = your shit doesn't hold water.

I work on the field of analytics and forecasting for David Chipman.

With all the informational we already know about you, from easier to analyze sources out there, I think worrying about this pole is like worrying about getting shit on by a bird during a hurricane, so just answer the question serf.
    Straight from the horses mouth. I knew it. FED

I have a little less since I haven’t bought any ammo other than precision 22 in over 1.5-2 years. But I’ve shot about 500-750 rds of 9mm and about 200 rds of 223/556. I’m in to 22lr precision so I’ve been buying and shooting that. I refuse to pay the prices for anything else. I have plenty to keep me sustained for a long while.

Reactions: Old Man with Gun
    I am just curious how much the crunch had driven hoarding, I know I am more prone to jump when I see something I want, afraid it will be gone if I wait.
    Before things got tight I'd invested in large rifle primers, I have plenty and I'd be interested in trading 1k of those for small rifle primers.

In forecasting hoarding is buying more than you would under normal market conditions. When you don't need toilet paper, and see the shelves almost empty and get more anyway = hoarding.
    Not necessarily hoarding. It’s like when the gas pumps go dry....when everyone who would normally buy X item over the course of a week and the purchases are spread out, the store has a chance to restock. When everyone buys said item on Day 1 & 2 versus spread out across seven + days, the shelves go empty. Doesn’t mean anyone bought more than normal, they just bought it early, and now the shelf is empty on their normal resupply day.

the term hoarding drives me nuts. If someone doesn’t have money to buy something, they’re not a part of the market. If people have money and are complaining they don’t have said item, they had the chance like everyone else to buy it. There are things I wish I had more of, there are things I have a lot of. No ones fault but mine since I had the time and the opportunity, I just didnt buy for whatever reason *cough angry wife cough*

$150 bricks of primers on GB really sucks but when the one reloading store within 2hrs of my location hasn’t had any in a year or more, at least they’re available somewhere. Haven’t had to resort to it yet but give another six-twelve months with bare shelves and I’ll probably have stopped shooting to see how this plays out just to save what I do have

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Not necessarily hoarding. It’s like when the gas pumps go dry....when everyone who would normally buy X item over the course of a week and the purchases are spread out, the store has a chance to restock. When everyone buys said item on Day 1 & 2 versus spread out across seven + days, the shelves go empty. Doesn’t mean anyone bought more than normal, they just bought it early, and now the shelf is empty on their normal resupply day.

the term hoarding drives me nuts. If someone doesn’t have money to buy something, they’re not a part of the market. If people have money and are complaining they don’t have said item, they had the chance like everyone else to buy it. There are things I wish I had more of, there are things I have a lot of. No ones fault but mine since I had the time and the opportunity, I just didnt buy for whatever reason *cough angry wife cough*

$150 bricks of primers on GB really sucks but when the one reloading store within 2hrs of my location hasn’t had any in a year or more, at least they’re available somewhere. Haven’t had to resort to it yet but give another six-twelve months with bare shelves and I’ll probably have stopped shooting to see how this plays out just to save what I do have
    Thanks for the feedback, let me share more context from a professional analysts perspective. (Not my industry though)

Market conditions have changed, but every statement I have read from manufacturers says production is way up. LGS are not only low on ammo, but gun racks are empty as well. There are no doubt a lot of new gun owners, but the ranges do not seem more crowded, at least around me, they have slowed with ammo prices.

So, my question above relates to this. It takes time to build new factories, but manufacturing will not invest if the increase in demand is caused by hoarding. The problem is that after what caused the spike ends, the consumers do not go back to normal buying, they use up their surplus first. So, the factories would be coming on line after prices come back down, and by increasing capacity to produce drive prices and profits down more.

I strongly believe what has caused this is mostly political in nature. If that is true, the shortage will end when people are no longer afraid the government will take away their ability to buy guns, mags and ammo. The House and probably Senate will be more GOP after 2022.

Anti-gun rhetoric from the government has always been more effective than positive messages from the gun lobby to grow sales.

The other thing driving this is fear fueled by politics, I wish I thought that was likely to get better soon.

Reactions: SilencedShooter11B