• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much are current GunBroker costs to a seller?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
For those of you who are familiar with current selling costs on GunBroker- how much would an FFL lose to total costs on a new rifle selling for about $1700? In other words, what would the dealer gross after all GB costs? Thanks

Gunbroker fees

I've only sold one item (parts kit) on GB so far. Just to give an idea, the parts I sold for $926 had a final value fee of $52.80. Roughly 6%. The final value fee will vary a little depending upon what listing options you choose as a seller. There is a compliance fee (1% of item price) and taxes that also have to be paid, but those two are added to the final price of the sale, so bidder is paying that to the seller and, then seller gets invoiced for those as well and pays that back to GB.

To answer your question $1700 + $17 (compliance fee) + $119 state tax (estimated at 7%) = $1836 final price at closing. 6% of final price is $110 and some change. The $110 + $17 + $119 would all get paid back to GB.

Gunbroker fees

I've only sold one item (parts kit) on GB so far. Just to give an idea, the parts I sold for $926 had a final value fee of $52.80. Roughly 6%. The final value fee will vary a little depending upon what listing options you choose as a seller. There is a compliance fee (1% of item price) and taxes that also have to be paid, but those two are added to the final price of the sale, so bidder is paying that to the seller and, then seller gets invoiced for those as well and pays that back to GB.

To answer your question $1700 + $17 (compliance fee) + $119 state tax (estimated at 7%) = $1836 final price at closing. 6% of final price is $110 and some change. The $110 + $17 + $119 would all get paid back to GB.
What part of that total is only paid by the seller to GB and not coming from the bidder- only the 6% final value fee? For my mental exercise I don't want to include taxes or any pass thru fees from the bidder. thanks

If I have it right, $1700 firearm would cost the seller roughly 6% or about $102.

Last edited:
Just the final value fee. Going by the linked chart, it says 4%, but might be a little more than that depending on what optional services you add to your listing and whether or not GB totals figures in the final value fee after shipping and taxes are added. I didn't spend enough time on the calculator to figure that part up. My auction fee came out to about 5.5% of the winning bid after all said and done.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Just the final value fee. Going by the linked chart, it says 4%, but might be a little more than that depending on what optional services you add to your listing and whether or not GB totals figures in the final value fee after shipping and taxes are added. I didn't spend enough time on the calculator to figure that part up. My auction fee came out to about 5.5% of the winning bid after all said and done.
Thanks

What part of that total is only paid by the seller to GB and not coming from the bidder- only the 6% final value fee? For my mental exercise I don't want to include taxes or any pass thru fees from the bidder. thanks

If I have it right, $1700 firearm would cost the seller roughly 6% or about $102.
6% on first $400 = $24
Remaining $1300 at 4% = $52

Whenever I buy on gunbroker I contact seller and do the deal outside of GB. I avoid the fees they sell the product.