• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft How much burlap/jute?

wcjake15

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
kentucky, US
Im making my first ghillie suit and I was just wanting to know about how many square feet of burlap is needed for 1 suit. I will be cutting pieces from 7-13 inches long and wont be wasting much. I can get about 12 square feet of natural burlap for about $1.87, but not sure on how much I will need. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How much burlap/jute?

lbs?....look, unless you are scrounging up old feed sacks or something, burlap is sold by the yard at just about any fabric store, ie. walmart, jo-annes fabric. If that doesnt work for you, I'm sure one of the online dealers of ghillie material will be glad to tell you about how much you need to buy from them for a full suit. Just depends how much money or work you want to put into it. Botton line...make a wild ass guess, and figure a little more. Thats what everyone else does.

Re: How much burlap/jute?

try mixing burlap with pre-shredded jute strands. texture should vary throughout suit. you don't want to have one consistent texture going through the whole thing. keep the coverage light and create points where you can add natural vegetation. finish it with a good beatdown and mudbath....

3-4 lbs total of various garnish should be plenty....