• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much did you pay for your FV-SR?

shaman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2008
Frankfort, Kentucky
This last week, I have been thinking more and more that I want/need one. Doing the needed mods to the MK2 FV I have would add $100.

So, how much did you pay for your FV-SR, and where and when did you get it?

Re: How much did you pay for your FV-SR?

I paid $229. It's a great gun to shoot suppressed in a back yard in the city.

$229.00 at lgs.

Someone posted on here recently that Vances in Columbus, OH is selling them cheap.

Tansinator, where did you get yours?

I found Wholesalehunter has them for $210 plus real shipping, and I sent them an email to find out how much real shipping is to central texas. Just looking to beat that for now I guess.

Twisted, I asked my father about the place, and will see if he can get me some info. Can't do much from No Guns Allowed Japan.

Local pawn and gun store in Cleveland, Tn. I talked them down on it. And yes it was new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tansinator, where did you get yours?

I found Wholesalehunter has them for $210 plus real shipping, and I sent them an email to find out how much real shipping is to central texas. Just looking to beat that for now I guess.</div></div>

if you can find it..buy it
they are hard to find

what's more important to you .... finding and getting the cheapest price(saving $20) or owning the firearm?

you are talking about pocket change in the difference in price when you think about it.

$199 from Bud's during their New Years Eve sale.

$225 from a lgs, which has high prices on most items.

$240 OTD from LGS. . .I certainly don't mind paying a little more at a brick and mortar store that has been in the same building for 30 years.

$239

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jetcycles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$240 OTD from LGS. . .I certainly don't mind paying a little more at a brick and mortar store that has been in the same building for 30 years. </div></div>

Same here. I bought mine in a brick and mortar for $200. Was on sale. Got a Millett scope with it to for $50 on sale.

Dang, I feel like I over-paid at 259 from buds but 40 bucks isnt going to make or break me. Just glad to have my name on one. From what everyone has posted theyre great guns and it ought to look good with my sparrow on the end.

The Kentucky Gun Co. $225.19 Shipped, Insured. Should get it tomorrow. They now show them Out-of-Stock.

Damn, I think I need one of these.

Paid $270 from LGS, Added Boyds Tactical for $125 shipped along with DIP bottom metal and trigger guard kit for $55 Shipped.

Had $450 invested and ended up selling it for $350, it took a while for it to sell at that price...

Glad its gone now.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Well, first off I love almost everything from CZ I have handl</span>ed.</span> Secondly I felt that the Savage as overall made of lesser quality. I grew to absolutely hate the boyds tacticool stock and felt that it was not worth my time or money pillar bedding. Lastly, I came across a CZ 455 .22lr that I could not pass up.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Savage was a very fun rifle when I first obtained it. You could not get me away from it.</span> But then the flimsy little magazine release started to get on my nerves. I then put the Boyds stock on it with DIP metal kit and felt that there was no quality in the rifle at all. The highest quality piece on the rifle other than my scope (which is of lesser quality) was the DIP metal kit, which I had to take to my work and beat it flat. I was shipped 3 kits from DIP all of which had problems. First kit was perfect except that it came with the 17hmr/22wmr bottom metal. They then shipped me out another kit and when I received it the trigger guard looked like it had been ran over. After I received my THIRD kit everything looked perfect until I mounted the bottom metal which I quickly noticed it was nowhere near flat. I measured a whole 5/16" difference from one end to the other. If I held my finger on one end then the other was 5/16" off the table.

Now I still do business with DIP and would recommend them to people, but I will let people know of their QC issues before they decide to order.

I will also recommend the Savage MK II / 93 series to anyone who is on a budget, but if their budget allows I will recommend other manufactures over them.

I own several rifles and Savage is no longer a part of my collection.
My father owns several rifles and savage is the only part of his collection.

To each his own, Savage was just not for me

I cannot stress enough that the Savage was a great gun, but once my budget allowed for more I quickly moved on.

Its no secret the action on the mark ii leaves something to be desired, its not acz or ruger action but the fvsr IS a good vvalue if youre looking for a threaded barrel and a good shooting gun then it fits the bill. Sounds like your expectations of the actual gun were a little high. I can understand the dismay with the dip kit and tactical stocks with a high cheek comb arent for everyone. Remember the tacticool stock is a $100 stock, its centerfire counterpart is 6 times more expensive so you have to go into it knowing that.

I plan on doing yhose same mods to the fvsr ive got on order but I dont expect it to exhibit the quality of its 2k counterpart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1slow01z71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its no secret the action on the mark ii leaves something to be desired, its not acz or ruger action but the fvsr IS a good vvalue if youre looking for a threaded barrel and a good shooting gun then it fits the bill. Sounds like your expectations of the actual gun were a little high. I can understand the dismay with the dip kit and tactical stocks with a high cheek comb arent for everyone. Remember the tacticool stock is a $100 stock, its centerfire counterpart is 6 times more expensive so you have to go into it knowing that.

I plan on doing yhose same mods to the fvsr ive got on order but I dont expect it to exhibit the quality of its 2k counterpart. </div></div>

Maybe you misunderstood my comment about the savage fv-sr. I did not have high expectations of the rifle. I expected it to perform on a budget and that is what it did. As far as the $100 stock I would compare it to any other $100 boyds centerfire stock. I would never expect cheaply made stocks to be of the same quality as a $600 stock. I simply wrote that it was a budget rifle and once I grew tired of that budget rifle and had the funds I moved on to what I feel is a slightly better rifle.

I simply felt that with what I had in the rifle I could have had a higher quality rifle is all.

Simply put...

I started on a budget, ran the rifle for a few years all while upgrading from features I did not like and to other features that fit my uses better. Once it was completed I ran it for a while longer all while saving money from shooting more .22lr than .223 or .308 and eventually decided it was time to move on. I expected my sub $300 rifle to have sub $300 quality.

My first rifle was a model 60 and I still have and love it today. My first rifle purchase was an SKS and you know what. I got it on a budget and when my budget allowed I sold it and moved on.

I believe the FV-SR is a great rifle especially with its features that you cannot find anywhere else for the same price. It has its pros and cons just as my CZ has its pros and cons. Just I have a rifle that I can live with the cons now.

To each their own I suppose mine was simply bought as a suppressor host for when I want to dispatch some varmints in the most quiet possible way. If I want top quality I'd pull out my 77/17. I just read your first post as being a little unfair to a gun that IMO delivers at its price point but I see your progression and agree. The czs are very nice I just cant get over the single stack mags. I think that's the main reason I'm a ruger snob with their rotary mags. Just wish they shot as good as the czs do right out of the box.

You are right. I also forgot to mention that I ended up not going with the sound suppressor. I don't mind single stack but I do believe Ruguers magazines to be superior in the rimfire rifles.

220 shipped is a dang good price, if youre even thinking about one I'd buy it. You could always get your money back out of it. If mine was already here and I knew I liked it I'd order anothrr one to set up for long range shooting.

I bought mine from a private seller here locally. Paid $260 for the rifle 1-5rd mag and 3-10rd.

thekeystonearmory.com has them in their brick and mortar store for 239. Had 2 last week. No clue if their website will let you order them directly.

Thats also where I bought mine last year.

Vanceoutdoors or bukeye outdoors has at least 10 in stock. I will be looking into them tonight. Looking at abut $240 shipped.

I just got mine yesterday for $229.00 at a local shop and they had 9 left

$229 at Gunnies in Orem, UT.. They had a few left in stock and they do ship...

I paid $215 from wholesalehunter through GB back in December. They have now raised the price to $229 and are taking backorders.

I paid $238 at my LGS about 6 months ago for my FVSR. It's been a fine shooter after the first 250 rounds or so it settled down nicely. just added a phantom flash hider from del ton and snipped 1 1/2 coils off the trigger spring. Also added a centerpoint 4-16x40 scope. Shes a real good shooter.

Lanbo's Armory just got some in stock. Got mine on the way. I was about to have to buy 30mm rings for my RWS 850 just to try it out.