• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much do I hate recruiters right now....

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Gettin outta dodge cause my current company (a Credit Card Company that employs Nick Fury as their Spokesman) is a bunch of leftist wanna be Karens who actively make my life a living hell on a daily basis because I do not subscribe to their commie BLM agenda.

So I am looking for a good job (it takes time, and its going well).....the minute that resume hits the job board every Tom, Dick, and Harry is burning up my phone with an "opportunity"

I hope none of you are in the recruiting business, cause right now I hate them all with a passion.

10+ voicemails a day.
Not a single one is a valid opportunity, and it is readily apparent, I just showed up in their keyword search.
None of them listen--they bully the hell outta of you when you even attempt to talk.
Some of them call me on weekends
After 10PM
Before 8AM

And the worst part is, they bury legit mails and messages from opportunities I scrounge up myself. 100+ message a day, and because it is really tough to filter them out, they just bury my email to the point where I now have separate emails for when I apply.

I still get crap from my resume from 5 years ago--its like a bunch of damn vultures.

Special mention to go to hell for the chick who sends me roofing opportunities every month because one of my AI projects was predicting roof damage. Clearly I am a roofer. My filters can't seem to block her or weed her out even after 3 years of that crap.

If my looking for a job requires me to procure an new email cause the recruitment community is so worthless with its spam (80+ messages just today and its not even over!!), that outta say something.

And yes I am a whiny bitch. Deal with it. I just can't TAKE IT NO MORE!

"Independent Contractor"

I am very 'specific' in my old age....Has to be WHAT I like to work on and WHO I like.

Reactions: Dewey7271
I agree. Pretty damn annoying to get contacted about the same job from half a dozen people, none of which actually have any say in the matter.

You fuckers have it rough. I don't know how you survive.
1618879933202.png

Last edited:
You don't sound happy.... Some of the most genuine people I know threw in the towel on their high paying / crappy job and went polar opposite in their career.... A lawyer I know got tired of chasing ambulances and opened a coffee shop. Don't see him retiring from that little shop... Many inside welders / machinist / millwrights/ electricians / etc got tired of going to the same sweat shop every day and rolled over into the construction world where the job sites change frequently... One of their sayings is "I was working myself out of a job the first day I hired in"....

What would polar opposite be of your current job ?

So in a past life, before I just said fuck it and went back to cracking skulls, I was in finance. I know all about these shit fuck BN recruiters.

You haven't even seen the best part yet. When they have you come in for an interview, tell you about these 2-3 positions they have you in mind for, let alone the position they posted that got a response from them in the first place (hint: it doesn't exist) and then after a few days you can't get them on the fucking phone. Then you keep seeing positions that you are 3000000% qualified for that you keep calling about and never get a response or return call about.

Eventually you say fuck it and forget about them.

Then the 'recruiter' got fired and a new one at the firm calls you wanting to come in for another complete bullshit interview for jobs that dont exist because they simply have to fill their 'interview' quota.

Total, complete faggot industry. It was so bad I opted to go to Afghanistan instead of dealing with their bitch asses anymore.

So in a past life, before I just said fuck it and went back to cracking skulls, I was in finance. I know all about these shit fuck BN recruiters.

You haven't even seen the best part yet. When they have you come in for an interview, tell you about these 2-3 positions they have you in mind for, let alone the position they posted that got a response from them in the first place (hint: it doesn't exist) and then after a few days you can't get them on the fucking phone. Then you keep seeing positions that you are 3000000% qualified for that you keep calling about and never get a response or return call about.

Eventually you say fuck it and forget about them.

Then the 'recruiter' got fired and a new one at the firm calls you wanting to come in for another complete bullshit interview for jobs that dont exist because they simply have to fill their 'interview' quota.

Total, complete faggot industry. It was so bad I opted to go to Afghanistan instead of dealing with their bitch asses anymore.
Geez...talk about "polar opposite"...from finance to Afghanistan...what the hell you doing down/over there ?

Last edited:
We really don't have recruiters anymore we have companies that tell their vendors to screen resumes. Used to the recruiter Ward for you. They are basically useless now because companies are too lazy to do HR jobs on their own

And ironically, I build computer programs that can screen resumes without the need for humans, so why are they still around? Maybe its karma a nd they hired every person in India to call me daily "Job Dumb Fuck is Presented to You, please reply with a rate we will ignore and then never ever hear from us again"

They are just as bad when you are the one hiring. I get 20 calls / emails a day telling me how they are better than the last recruiter, then proceed to send me completely unqualified individuals. Nothing but a bunch of leaches.

Reactions: Bender
Gettin outta dodge cause my current company (a Credit Card Company that employs Nick Fury as their Spokesman) is a bunch of leftist wanna be Karens who actively make my life a living hell on a daily basis because I do not subscribe to their commie BLM agenda.

So I am looking for a good job (it takes time, and its going well).....the minute that resume hits the job board every Tom, Dick, and Harry is burning up my phone with an "opportunity"

I hope none of you are in the recruiting business, cause right now I hate them all with a passion.

10+ voicemails a day.
Not a single one is a valid opportunity, and it is readily apparent, I just showed up in their keyword search.
None of them listen--they bully the hell outta of you when you even attempt to talk.
After 10PM
Before 8AM

And the worst part is, they bury legit mails and messages from opportunities I scrounge up myself. 100+ message a day, and because it is really tough to filter them out, they just bury my email to the point where I now have separate emails for when I apply.

I still get crap from my resume from 5 years ago--its like a bunch of damn vultures.

Special mention to go to hell for the chick who sends me roofing opportunities every month because one of my AI projects was predicting roof damage. Clearly I am a roofer. My filters can't seem to block her or weed her out even after 3 years of that crap.

If my looking for a job requires me to procure an new email cause the recruitment community is so worthless with its spam (80+ messages just today and its not even over!!), that outta say something.

Are there even any big company's left where your talents, skills and experience fits that isn't left leaning ? My wife works for an Airlines company in the IT dept and she struggles daily with their "progressive" nonsense =/

In Afghanistan ?...ok /shrug

lol no

I was in the Bundeswehr as a mountaineer/mountain recon through 2 deployments in Kosovo for KFOR. Went back to the US afterwards as my initial plan was to go back after University but I got hit by the draft, which no longer exists as of a few years ago. Re-up'd part way in to go mountain infantry.

Came back end of 2002. Worked in finance for a few years making a metric ton of money in mortgages. All of a sudden around 2005/2006 it went from that, to me and everyone else in the city I lived in was unemployed and couldn't find a job, period. This was when my experience with recruiters showed up.

It got so bad, I opted to sign onto a DoD contract billet through SAIC doing convoy/perimeter security in/out of Bagram up/down 76 and all the way out to Jalalabad, Al Sherif and Heret (Herat?) Then ended up on a DoS contract for some other fun things and eventually came back in 2010.

I literally opted to go into a warzone instead of dealing with bullshit office shit and recruiters.

And ironically, I build computer programs that can screen resumes without the need for humans, so why are they still around? Maybe its karma a nd they hired every person in India to call me daily "Job Dumb Fuck is Presented to You, please reply with a rate we will ignore and then never ever hear from us again"
Because those software suck and are typically major failures.

lol no

I was in the Bundeswehr as a mountaineer/mountain recon through 2 deployments in Kosovo for KFOR. Went back to the US afterwards as my initial plan was to go back after University but I got hit by the draft, which no longer exists as of a few years ago. Re-up'd part way in to go mountain infantry.

Came back end of 2002. Worked in finance for a few years making a metric ton of money in mortgages. All of a sudden around 2005/2006 it went from that, to me and everyone else in the city I lived in was unemployed and couldn't find a job, period. This was when my experience with recruiters showed up.

It got so bad, I opted to sign onto a DoD contract billet through SAIC doing convoy/perimeter security in/out of Bagram up/down 76 and all the way out to Jalalabad, Al Sherif and Heret (Herat?) Then ended up on a DoS contract for some other fun things and eventually came back in 2010.

I literally opted to go into a warzone instead of dealing with bullshit office shit and recruiters.
Geez...that's a frikn path lol...closest I've been down in that area was Jordan back in late 80's early 90's ?...sure as hell isnt a place I'd want to be now 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
I literally opted to leave the Marine Corps to get to a war zone on my own terms because they were forcing me to stay a recruiter.

Oh fuck all that.

Funny thing was, most of the crew over there were either 'retired' mil that were sick of it all, or literally guys with business degrees, law degrees and everything you wouldn't think would be in the middle of nowhere in Afghanistan.

And then there was Crawford. Crawford was only going to 'do this 1 time to pay off my house' to only end up there like 5 or 6 times. Between him going to Dubai every contract mod to go buy shit like a Versace jean jacket and pants set with a fucking rhinestone dragon embroidered on it, and his wife deciding to quit her job and buy a new car and shit every other month - I'm pretty sure that motherfucker is still there.

Man...there's some people on the Hide that are truly deserving of a lot of respect...I know you guys don't seek it...and most probably don't want it...but that doesn't mean some...including myself...don't have it for you...you guys know who you are 👍

Yeah I know I'm gettin some shit in here, but I can't go to my boss and say
"Kiss my ass I quit and reported you all to the EEOC for discrimination and violation of Federal Privacy Laws--I took a job with more pay, more respect and with people who have a damn clue. Kiss my ass. Best Regards -Doc"

I mean that kind of statement is generally frowned upon.

I do on occassion fuck with the recruiters, leave them on hold, give the outrageous requirements, etc...

Reactions: Anointed1
And then there was Crawford. Crawford was only going to 'do this 1 time to pay off my house' to only end up there like 5 or 6 times. Between him going to Dubai every contract mod to go buy shit like a Versace jean jacket and pants set with a fucking rhinestone dragon embroidered on it, and his wife deciding to quit her job and buy a new car and shit every other month - I'm pretty sure that motherfucker is still there.
Knew lots of those types, as well as those with a “loyal” girlfriend in Thailand they would Western Union money to help the sick grandma every payday.

I knew one that did exactly what he said, paid off the debt and put $10k in savings, and went home two months shy of completing his one year contract.

Oh fuck all that.

Funny thing was, most of the crew over there were either 'retired' mil that were sick of it all, or literally guys with business degrees, law degrees and everything you wouldn't think would be in the middle of nowhere in Afghanistan.

Crawford wasn’t a tall skinny fella with black hair, who used to work somewhere “special” in the army by chance

Rule of thumb is it takes 1 month per 10k salary to find a job. 2 months per 10k if you look in a specific location. I have always beaten that timeline handily including during recessions. If I needed a new job, I could sign today after less than 6 weeks of a job search. I am holding out for a perfect position (which of course adds time).

Yes I am in a high demand field, but I also worked in low demand fields before. Its all bullshit. The jobs are there. My son found one in 1 month during Covid. He has a high school diploma and no skills. Hired on the spot.

Reactions: Redmanss

10+ voicemails a day.
After 10PM
Before 8AM

Wow, quite the post. Just imagine if you had something real to complain about!! 😜

Rule of thumb is it takes 1 month per 10k salary to find a job. 2 months per 10k if you look in a specific location. I have always beaten that timeline handily including during recessions. If I needed a new job, I could sign today after less than 6 weeks of a job search. I am holding out for a perfect position (which of course adds time).

Yes I am in a high demand field, but I also worked in low demand fields before. Its all bullshit. The jobs are there. My son found one in 1 month during Covid. He has a high school diploma and no skills. Hired on the spot.
Yeah but who wants to be a fluffer?

Crawford wasn’t a tall skinny fella with black hair, who used to work somewhere “special” in the army by chance

Not him.

He was a civilian contractor that was there setting up secure comms to COPs/FOBs, etc. I knew him because most of us were housed at Camp Civilian together at Bagram and he would be on some of the convoy's we'd run when they were taking new equipment with them that wouldnt fit on a helo or couldn't get a ride for.

ETA - @DocRDS I still get recruiter emails a few times a year for a resume/something in their system from like 2005.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
^^^lol
Remind me years ago working as a land man trying to hunt down landowners. There's this one dude that was hiding from the IRS and his ex-wife for about a decade. It took a little work but I found him.

Showed up at his door, was promptly greeted with a gun in my face to which I responded, who I was, what I was there for and that is front sight was crooked as was his back site judging from the rings on the front of the cylinder he either had a timing issue or forcing cone issue... got me inside

Cool dude, drink beer with him, Sat on the porch talking about the oil and gas stuff, problems with his neighbors and other property issues shot a cannon off his porch... Good Times

Reactions: Hobo Hilton