• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How much for my custome rifle build?

jmichael99

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
looking for a ball park figure

this will be for benchrest/f class shooting

probably looking at a 6mmBR or some sort of 6mm round (still researching)

krieger barrel is a must

high quality stock is a must as well

probably a remington 700 style action but a custome one built better

still debating on trigger but i think most good ones are in the $250 range

i dont care about the glass right now. ill be getting a nightforce bench rest model most likely so i know the price range im looking at

Re: How much for my custome rifle build?

I would hazard a guess somewhere between 2500.00 and 3500.00.

Dont sell the other barrel makers short. Krieger is a great barrel but so is Bartlein, Rock Creek, Broughton and several others. You can find great deals on barrels a lot of time here on the hide ready to ship without the wait if you arent dead set on a certain manufacturer. All the barrels mentioned can put you in the winners circle, it just comes down to the guy pulling the trigger. You can figure on spending somewhere around 325 range on a barrel. I dont shoot benchrest so I cant speak on actions or triggers in that game. I shoot everything from FN actions to Surgeon actions and they all perform as expected. In this game you can spend as much as you can afford and more. Its all a mental game so whatever you buy buy it because you like it not because someone else likes it. You are the one paying for it and pulling the trigger. You can expect to pay 325 or so for a barrel plus smith fees to chamber it, 900-1500 for a custom action, 600-1000 for a good stock, smith fees to do a trigger job, bed action, 50-200 for a trigger, 100-150 for a pic rail, 150 for rings, and 350 or so for bottom metal if you plan on mag feeding.

I would guess a little upwards of 3k all set up w/o scope. Specific parts would narrow the price range down a lot though...

I just had a Krieger barrel fitted to a Stiller Tac 30. The barrel was like $340 and Stiller put it on their action for $1125. I got it in about 5 weeks. I originally bought a McM A-5 but it's now in a KRG Whiskey 3. There is a shit load of good stocks on the market so have fun choosing one. You should be able to put something good together for 3k or less. All the other gear and shit will cost you a small fortune.

4500 is about what mine is running right now with glass..Remington 700 action, Broughton barrel, kept the original trigger, manners stock with a leupold mark 4

Look at the factory Savage f class rifles, they have won several competitions.

Action Stiller =1000
Defiance=1100
Surgeon=1200

Stock Mac or Manners fully adjustable with pillars +850

Barrel Premium 325 if fluted +150

Jewell Trigger 300

Bottom Metal 350

Rings 150

Base 125

Bubble Level 75

Strap 75

Bipod 100-300

Rear bag/ Monopod 50-100

Duracoat/Ceracoat 250

Gunsmith to make it happen 1000

A lot of Benchresters don't use ceracoat so you can leave that off. You will need a good rest with the best being more than bipods. Also windflags and the like. Benchrest is probably the most expensive of all the shooting disciplines. You will be competeing with older retired guys who have nothing to do but tune there loads and equipment with a good retirement nestegg. To me benchrest is a competition between equipment more than shooter.