• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How much is to much windage for zero?

mbrittan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2008
Southern Wisconsin
I have a Falcon 5-25 mounted on a 20MOA EGW HD base with Burris X-treme rings. I can get my one hundred yard zero, but am using up about 4mils of windage to do it. Putting a different scope with rings on the same base only uses .3mils windage to zero. So I mounted the 5-25 with some Seekins rings, and a different set of Burris rings, and needed the 4mils every time.

So the scope seems to be where the problem is. Is that to much to use for zero? Or is it within what would be an exceptable amount of misalignment?

Re: How much is to much windage for zero?

4 mils @ 100 is a lot, I'd send the scope back.

4 mils is way too much. But you need to troubleshoot it down to what it is.

Did you use the same rings as with the falcon? Flip them around and see what you come up with. I'd hate for you to send a scope in and it still be rings

Or pick up a set of USO rings that are windage adjustable.

I did flip the rings around, and the Falcon was still off. I also tried the Seekins rings with the Falcon, and still was way off. So a different scope was good and centered, but the Falcon with two different sets of rings was still the same amount off each time.

The Falcon has that knob/cap that is at a 45degree angle to the turret housing. Is there an adjustment under that to center the cross hairs? If not I will talk to the vender to see if it can be repaired/replaced.

Sounds like you got 'er figured out. Send the scope back.

Edit:

Like you said, call first and see if something easy can't just be fixed.