• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much powder to use for .223

Re: How much powder to use for .223

Talking about doing it wrong.

Holy shit, that's funny! A 2x4? Talk about precision handloading instruments! That video was a joke, right? Or was that some dipshit's idea of handloading? Talk about a good way to blow yourself up! lol

He was using a lee loader, while the use of a 2x4 is funny as shit, he did nothing that would blow himself up. There was a time when people used lee loaders to produce some pretty decent shooting ammo. This guy on the other hand just wanted to show off how he could do it with nothing more than a 2x4.

How many times are you going to post this? Again, it's your inexperience showing, not his. He's perfectly safe and as USMCj mentioned the only odd thing is that he doesn't have a suitable hammer.

Hmmm....Mr Lee of Lee Loaders must have not had a clue either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEl9wZyabc

we want to see a group shoot with the ammo made then we can tell ya what your looking for.

A long time ago, the only rifle I had was a Model 95 Win in 30-06 (actually 30-03). I didnt have any money, working for min wage. I got a Lee loader like that and loaded some pretty good ammo for an iron sight rifle such as my Model 95. The little dipper threw 58 grns of 4831, and if used right was pretty consistant.

Of course I couldnt afford a 2X4, I had to use a plastic mallet.

Didnt hav YOUTUBE back then so I can post a vedio.

Don't sell those little Lee Loaders short.

You would have thought that he would have at least mounted the camera on a tripod?? But it is still very funny.

However it is not really unsafe(but a mallet would have been better). I still have a few different sets of those Lee loading dies. And the dippers do work very well when you buy the entire dipper kit. It is actually one of the only Lee items on my bench that I still use. I use the dipper for my practice handgun loads. It is a fast and easy way to load your powder.

I do have one of the older 12 gauge sets. We do use them to load specialty shotgun shells, like turkey loads, when volume is not paramount, but shell quality is necessary. It is a cheap and easy way to load specialty 12 gauge shells.

Alot of guys still take those Lee Loading sets on trips with them for quick, easy reloads in the field. A lot of BR guys still use the Wilson hand loading tools. After all it is called hand loading!! Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The camera getting bounced by shocks to table seems to pace and build the mood until the cartridge is born.

Link to video of Donald Duck fixing a flat tire </div></div>

Man did I enjoy watching that video. Thanks, it was priceless. They do not make them like that anymore. Tom.

The camera falling off on the last strike caused me to wake the kids I laughed to hard.... damn that was funny...

What sort of groups are you getting? I noticed you seem to use a lot of American reloading supplies down there, down under? Is there a problem getting more, shall we say hi tech equipment, or are you doing this on the cheep?
Best of luck with your methods, that seems rather sow, but seems to work.