• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much should I expect to pay for a good condition 1903A4?

FlashAndPoof

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Came across a Gibbs 1903A4 rifle recently for $1500, but I was advised to steer clear since they're not real 1903A4s and have quite a few differences. How much should I expect a good condition 1903A4 to run? Recently at Wanenmacher in Tulsa, I think I saw one for $3000+ but that seems too high.

I made mine. But whats wrong with the Gibbs "A4s. I've heard people complain about them, but then the people I seen shoot them in the CMP Vintage Sniper Matches swear by them. They do quite well, only thing that beats them constantly is the A1 with the 6X scopes.

I guess it depends if you want a "collector" or a shooter. I wanted a shooter, at my age I have no use for collectors, I'll be long gone before they rise in price to make any money, but I'm young enough to shoot the vintage sniper matches.

Like I said, I built mine, Someone gave me the action and most of the parts. I had to buy a barrel and stock, but its all GI except for the repo M73 scope.

Real A4s were Remingtons, mine is a SC, but still legal in the CMP Vintage Sniper Rifles.

The real 03A4's I've seen for sale routinely are in the $3000-$3500 range The $3500 one are in exc+ to mint condition and have the original M73 scope. The ones that have the M84 scope sell for a little less .

3k is in the wheel house for a legit one all original.

Just wanted to add that the Gibbs ones with repro scope or other clones sell for closer to $1100 on sites pretty regular. 1500 seems high. Just be patient.

GL,
DT

Thanks guys. From what I understand, Gibbs uses 1903A3 receivers, the bolts aren't always done correctly, and I recall reading the safety isn't even usable with the scope mounted since it isn't the smaller design. How does the original M73 scope compare to the Hi Lux Gen 4 replicas?
Kinda worried if something is damaged on an original scope, I'm completely out of luck.