• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much to push Hornady brass?

chadrp

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Central Iowa
So I've heard guys saying they can get 10-12 firungs with Hornady brass if its not pushed to hard so I'm trying to decide which node I want to explore on this new barrel. Hornady manual says 41.5 is max for this load so would the 41.7 node be pushing it to hard? I wouldn't mind being closer to 2800 but I'm not gonna be disappointed at 2760 either.

24" barlein 6.5cm Hornady brass, H4350, 140eldm .1" off lands
20200610_212430.jpg

You have nodes at 41.7 (2765) and 42.5 (2795). That's 30 fps. Run some ballistics out to your maximum intended range usage at both velocities and compare. It will be a couple tenths each way, if that. Honest opinion, you're concerned about brass longevity, so run the 41.7. And no 41.7 isn't pushing it too hard. You have nice slopes on either side of that node.

Reactions: never_summer
Ok thanks. Yes just was curious as to whether either is to hard for Hornady brass longevity. I have a fair amount of it and kind of want to see what I can get out of it and not fret over every piece lost in the grass lol. I'm not sure what caused the spike at 42.8. I was pretty diligent loading these but if I went with the node just below it I would definitely load a couple more at 42.8 to makes sure the one was just an anomaly.