• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much would you pay for this rifle?

Victory

Pagan Raider
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2005
Making bad guys nervous
Remington 40X in 308
Gray, Stainless Steel Barrel, Swarovski 10x Scope, Harris Bipod, Adjustable Stock, Serial #xxxxxxB
40x.jpg

I think I could get a good deal on this rifle. I don't know anymore than what is at the top. I wish I knew what model number the Swaro was, but I don't. So what would be the top price you would pay for this gun, with just that information?

Re: How much would you pay for this rifle?

$55... okay maybe $60
wink.gif

thats not a real 40x they were chambered in 7.62 NATO and had SS actions

Still a nice looking stick though

Rifle should be chambered in 7.62 NATO not 308Win.

Some one has dropped a blued action into a McM 40XC stock.

Barrel length is????

40XC's are only chambered in 7.62 NATO currently,product #26000.
40XC Repeater actions are stainless,not blued.
40XC 223's were chambered approximately 10+years ago.
40XR/.22LR's were also set in the McM XC stocks 10+yrs ago.
The 3 XC chamberings had 24" Bbls installed not 27-1/4".

With out the 3 models of 40XC's in my posession that are NIB,I'd offer the individual $1500 to $1800!!!!!

The McM post type cheek piece hardware sucks!!

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying about the action. It does look like a 40x barrel with the front of it drilled for Irons.

I don't know what the barrel length is. I will find out when I go look at it.

The serial seemed to match to 40XB's with the B behind it.

What about the scope, anyone have a clue to what the rifle is worth with it? I don't know Swaro's. Never owned one, but hoped maybe someone on here would know.

Looks like a nice early 40XC. I saw one like that for sale not long ago on either gbroker or gunsamerica, can't remember. Don't see many like that. Usually the ones I see are the later all stainless.

I think as Dan mentioned $1500 would be a fair price depending on up close inspection or wear & tear. I am a sucker for the blued repeater actions anyway. My last XC was a full stainless model and I paid $1200 used for it and that was 7 years ago.

There is a shop back home that has a NIB 40XC for either $1850 or $1950. They had a pair of them for quite a few years setting in the back room and now just have the one.

Also like Dan mentioned, the McMillan thumb-screws that hold the cheek pc do suck. To bad they didn't have a little better set-up on those but it won't stop me from buying another one.

Yes, all 40X actions were blued at one point but I don't know for certain how many 40XC's were blued. Maybe a call to the Custom Shops could clear up the muddy waters.

Now the only blued 40X actions available are left handed and BR rifles.

Good Luck.

My 40X is Chambered in 30-06 and has a Blued Barrel and receiver and it's original. Of course, it's probably older, and a single-shot. If I had a chance to get another 40X in a centerfire caliber (especially 7.62 Nato) I would do whatever it took! Mine is BY FAR the best shooting, most accurate rifle I own!

That one looks right to me! And, ANY Swarovski Scope is a good one!

Oh... and the barrel SHOULD be drilled and tapped for a front Globe-sight.

Not too long ago I sold my blued-receiver .308-chambered 40x repeater. It had a Hart barrel on it. Sure, they made them, they just don't make them now.

That is great to hear guys, thanks for all of the feed back. Looks like the rifle is going to be GTG.

As for the scope, I keep trying to find a 10x model that has either a 52 or 56 OBJ with knobs that look like that, with no luck. Is it me or does it look like the elevation appears to have markings on it? It almost looks like a target turret. Oh well, thanks again guys.