• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How not to check a firearm at the airport...

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
Rifle Goes Off At Armstrong Airport, Injuring One
Investigators Rule Shooting 'Accidental'

KENNER, La. -- One person was hurt on Monday in what investigators are calling an accidental shooting at Armstrong International Airport.

Jefferson Parish deputies responded to the call about 10:30 a.m.

Investigators said the shooting happened in the ticket counter area. A passenger was checking a hunting rifle at the United Airlines desk when the weapon discharged.

The bullet struck a counter and fragmented, sending a piece of the projectile into the leg of an airline employee. He was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The passenger, 65-year-old Edward Deubler, was issued a misdemeanor summons for negligent injury.

link

Re: How not to check a firearm at the airport...

The TSA goons musta forgot to go completely ape-shit and over-react by completely closing down the airport and do thousands of security sweeps. Were the F16s scrambled?

Now I understand why they need to anally probe the elderly. : )

Remington?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington? </div></div>
Good one.

Just out of curiosity, WTF is up with the ending of that news article.

Hello non-related subject.

...but was he allowed to go ahead and fly out on his hunt? Sounds like it, if they only issued him a summons...

Must've just picked up his brand spankin new 1000 yard REDJACKET dremel special .17HMR elephant rifle!!!

Why on earth would you travel with a loaded firearm? I know a firearm is "always loaded", but this is a little much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in my best Homer Simpson .........DOAH ! </div></div>Are you saying that Homer would be surprised at the things people forget at the airport?
laugh.gif

thinkin the TSA team shoulda circled up and ran a Bukkake on the ole guy

The guy is an idiot for having the rifle loaded, but how did it just go off? Did I miss something here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in my best Homer Simpson ......... <span style="color: #FF0000">DOH! </span> ! </div></div>

Fixed it for ya. One of my favorite quotes and I hate to see Homer misquoted.