• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How old do you think these are.....

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
This past weekend my aunt brought these by, I never knew my uncle reloaded. I never remember seeing anything guns at all past him thinking it was funny to hand a 7yr old a 44mag. It was the 70's, people acted differently.

He has been gone roughly 11 years, so I know they are older then that. Both in plastic. I used the top this past weekend, no issues. Just loaded up 5 rounds of 7.62x54R on the very light side and no issues.

Just wondering on the age of them.

On to the pics.

1666612615776.png

1666612636855.png

1666612652276.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-070836_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024-070836_Chrome.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: lash
Top is 50'-60's
bottom is 70-90's

still shooting mine like the bottom pic every week, have one box like top for my collection.

Reactions: mtrmn
I have some with a wood tray. The first two pics are from the 60's timeframe. Shoot them up. They are not worth anything more than a current primer.

Reactions: Aftermath
I started reloading early 90s. I have mostly used CCI. The red box seems to look familiar. Neat pics.

I have some with a wood tray. The first two pics are from the 60's timeframe. Shoot them up. They are not worth anything more than a current primer.
Good advice. Save the packaging for posterity. You could even save all those primers as you knock them out and put them back in...

I loaded some up and saved the box, it just looked cool. Put it with the old RWS primer box I got and the really old powder TIN.

If I remember I will take some photos of that stuff when I get home.

Fun thread. Lots of memories came back of reloading with my dad and grandfather from the mid-70s!

Got some pics of a small sample of old stuff my dad and grand dad left me. The Hornady and Speers have my grand dads's name on them. Both are 270 spitzers. I have his rock chuckers on my bench today.

The FL die in the Herter's box went with my Dad to Vietnam along with the rifle he took. That rifle may the first used from a helicopter in combat. It also shot a lot of game in the highlands. I'll have to dig up some pics. The door gunners loved it and the scope.

Its a beast to cycle the action compared to my impact but it shoots a ragged hole. The scope has no adjustments but its very clear almost on par with my Mark 5.

1666745688260.png

Lower box goes back to the 80's. Back then I was young and strong.

Primers were $35 for a box of 5K at the local IPSC match. Dillon 550's were upscale and loading .45 was fun.

Thanks for making me smile and miss my 1911's, Rogers holsters and Wilson magazines.

Reactions: supercorndogs
To dig up a few other "oldies". Just thought you guys might like to see the pics, the first one is easy.

Who knew Daisy made planes and tanks? not many I bet. If you are interested I will photo the pages inside....it is like a walk back in time.

1667914986037.png

These two I don't know the dates on.

1667915076334.png

1667915094763.png

1667915132889.png

And one last photo from the land of misfit guns.

1667915489435.png

Reactions: Modoc