• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How private are PM messages

Re: How private are PM messages

I can tell you that the mods here are unable to see anyones PM's except their own.

Lowlight can see PMs being the site owner, but I can also tell you that he has better things to do with his valuable time. Unless you do something really stupid and get the attention of law enforcement no one is reading your pm's but you.

Lowlight is reading your PM's right now
laugh.gif

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!!
mad.gif

There are very few things on the Internet that are truly "private" any longer in the strictest sense of the word, but it is pretty pathetic for a mod, absent some illegal or unscrupulous activities on the part of the members involved in the PMs, to read PMs and post what should have been "private" comms in an open forum. That's pretty chicken-$#!T and it would certainly make me look elsewhere for a new forum to exchange knowledge/info (and make fun of those who are in desperate need of being made fun of)!!

Oh well...you can always re-register under a different alias (like some around here who shall remain nameless) and then come to your own defense (uh...I mean go to that poor guy's defense)!
wink.gif

I never say anything about a person I would not have said to the persons face. I rarely say anything I would not say in front of my wife or mother. Keeps me out of trouble as everything you say or do ends up getting back to one of the above eventually.

Isn't that site run/owned by the horseback clown from WY who NOBODY used to get all riled up? If so, I wouldn't sweat it. :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can tell you that the mods here are unable to see anyones PM's except their own.

</div></div>

Speak for yourself
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can tell you that the mods here are unable to see anyones PM's except their own.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lowlight can see PMs being the site owner, but I can also tell you that he has better things to do with his valuable time. Unless you do something really stupid</span> and get the attention of law enforcement no one is reading your pm's but you. </div></div>

True dat.

There is "Nothing" on the internet that can't be read during or after stroking the keys. If you have an issue with that, I'd suggest never stroking a key, talking on a cell phone, ect.

Why do you think Uncle wants everyone to have high speed electronics, ain't for your well being that's for damn sure.

The down and out/lazy get free phones for their own safety,... bullshit,... I think not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight is reading your PM's right now
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Velly interesting...
Lowlight.jpg

I don't think moderators should be allowed to read PM's. The site owner or administrator should be the only one to have that power. Should a moderator suspect illegal activity it should be reported to the owner/admin and it should be dealt with accordingly. This question was asked on another forum I visit and I am good friends with one of the mods there and they don't have that power. They could be given that power but aren't. I would email the site owner and see what his stance on the issue is as often times mods do things that the admin/owner are not aware of. Yes I know that is not the case here on the Hide...Frank knows all that happens or occurs. I honestly don't know how he does it but he does! I thonk it's BS that you were exposed like that by a moderator. It should have been addressed in private which is where it took place. If I was the owner/admin that guy would not be a moderator anymore!

I think in this case it was the site owner that posted the pms. I think it is very chickenshit and pathetic. Post someones private pms, then ban them with no chance to defend themselves. What an asshole!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think in this case it was the site owner that posted the pms. I think it is very chickenshit and pathetic. Post someones private pms, then ban them with no chance to defend themselves. What an asshole! </div></div>

I read the thread on P.L.R.H, I didn't see any PM's posted, it was all part of the thread that I could see.

Not sure what this is all about? No offense to you, but "HIDE"ing behind the internet mask, making innuendo's, is ckickenshit in "milo's" world.

You live in Gillette, so do I, never met. I've been through the threads, we are all looking for places to shoot.

It just so happens, Chuck, or Mac's Gunworks has probably one of the nicest ranges to 1200 yards here in NE WY.
I helped build it.
34 AR 500 targets from 200 to 1200 yards. More to come!
As others say, just shoot, go out and do it.
Maybe we'll meet some day,
Milo

Miles Lunde
Gilette,
307-660-0940

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think in this case it was the site owner that posted the pms. I think it is very chickenshit and pathetic. Post someones private pms, then ban them with no chance to defend themselves. What an asshole! </div></div>

I think that the only chickenshit thing that happened there was you inviting him there to Troll on your behalf or for your personal enjoyment.

There were violent threats made by your friend that warranted the actions taken. I can guarantee you that they wouldn't be tolerated here or on any other site for that matter. Especially when done without a full profile and behind the anonymity of a computer. Now that's chickenshit

let this one just drop off.

too much "he said/she said"

As for Rob reading PM's he does it with his ominous skill and the dark side of the force.....