• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How realistic is this?

Re: How realistic is this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you paying for that other scopes don't offer. </div></div>

All of this

Do you know someone that owns one? I thought March was expensive.

the SAM is a awesome scope, it has lots of gadgets inside and does some Hollywood shit... Nathan has brought them down to RO before, and I will have to get him to give me one for a review.

What you do is dial in the range, it takes the weather, and you zero out the optic and it hits the target. Pretty cool

You don't need a scope like that. It won't make you a better trigger-puller.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't need a scope like that. It won't make you a better trigger-puller.
wink.gif
</div></div>

I excuse me -- I need a scope like that -- speak for yourself.

I'm an awesome trigger puller and this will only make me more awesomer
smile.gif

Dont be to proud of this technological terror Zeiss has constructed. It is insignificant when compared to the power of a Marine and his rifle!

But really though, I read about the stuff it will do. I am just wondering how rugged it is and how it handles a tactical environment?

Anybody got any ideas as to what bank will let me take out a loan for this? Theres a guy a STATE away i'd like to say hello to!

they are neat scopes. a gentleman i've been talking to wants one, i think it's worth every penny. there isn't anything else like it on the market, and hensoldt is top notch, the glass is awesome. but if i was going to drop that kind of coin on it, i would get it from a dealer. thats retail price for that scope.

I would like to see what the reticle looks like, I hope it is not a busy as the Tubb.

Shows the reticle 55 sec in.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8RT-9krpq3c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8RT-9krpq3c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jedi8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont be to proud of this technological terror Zeiss has constructed. It is insignificant when compared to the power of a <span style="font-weight: bold">Marine and his rifle! </span>

But really though, I read about the stuff it will do. I am just wondering how rugged it is and how it handles a tactical environment?</div></div>

Its a Hensoldt / Zeiss tactical they are very robust... being a Marine I would use one on my rifle as its a tool to help solve a problem... the rest is always up the shooter but as you progress in shooting, some tools prove more helpful.

Interesting you put it this way.... mark the date today.

I had one last week for testing purposes, its not worth the money you spent for.
In Germany it will cost 2600€=3540$.
The picture is not very bright and not so flawless like the Nightforce´or the Premier Reticles. It has blueish rings on the outside in higher magnifications and is quite yellow in lower magnifications.
Its quite heavy on the gun.
You have to work with 1cm/100m clicks not mils or MOA, and they are not so crisp like NFs or PRs. Windage is also not very high, 30clicks complete (15 right, 15 left). Thats not many IMHO. You can zero it in over 100clicks, but if you screw the turret on it stucks to +-15clicks.
And it fell down and the elevation tower gets stuck.
I am not satisfied with that piece of ........ .
I ordered an NF NXS 5.5-22x56 for my .308WIN and a PR Heritage 5-25x56 for my .338LM therefore, which i tested on the same days.
I think this says all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it will make you EXTRA Snipery!!! </div></div>

But one will still have to account for the lunar phase thingy and may need some oxy clean additive...............

Just saying........
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are positive, it's the same scope? </div></div>

the Hensoldt 6–24 x 72 SAM costs about 10,000 euros in Europe, you can have it in FF or SF plane.

3000 euros will buy you the 6-24x72 but without the SAM.

Do you think they'd take my Counter Sniper scope as a trade in?
It's the Titanium model!

I'm sorry, unless it has visible particles from the hard earth seals on the reticle when I open it up for the first time, its just not up to my standards... SAM or no SAM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The direct neural interface is another $25,000,000.00 </div></div>

"You must think in German! Think in German!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smoking-pot.jpg
</div></div>
Hey, I know that guy! I think he was my school bus driver in middle school.

Thats crazy, and I am currently saving some dough to afford a decent USO, $11,000, I can think of better things to do with that much cash,,,,like redo my kitchen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoRescue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one last week for testing purposes, its not worth the money you spent for.
In Germany it will cost 2600€=3540$.
The picture is not very bright and not so flawless like the Nightforce´or the Premier Reticles. It has blueish rings on the outside in higher magnifications and is quite yellow in lower magnifications.
Its quite heavy on the gun.
You have to work with 1cm/100m clicks not mils or MOA, and they are not so crisp like NFs or PRs. Windage is also not very high, 30clicks complete (15 right, 15 left). Thats not many IMHO. You can zero it in over 100clicks, but if you screw the turret on it stucks to +-15clicks.
And it fell down and the elevation tower gets stuck.
I am not satisfied with that piece of ........ .
I ordered an NF NXS 5.5-22x56 for my .308WIN and a PR Heritage 5-25x56 for my .338LM therefore, which i tested on the same days.
I think this says all.
</div></div>

isn't 1cm/100m the same as mil clicks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">isn't 1cm/100m the same as mil clicks? </div></div>

Yes .1 Mil is the same as 1cm

Sorry my fault, i haven´t looked for the SAM scope. I had the normal version, but i think the optics inners are the same. And i have my ballistic computer on the iphone. So i didn´t need the SAM.
Yes 1cm/100m is the same as .1mil but in the usermanual everything is written in cm. Thats what i meant.

Schmidt & Bender used to mark their turrets "1 cm @ 100 m." instead of "0.1 mil". They finally wised up. I wish everyone would, so people would stop thinking that a mil is "metric".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
smoking-pot.jpg
</div></div>
DAD.........Is dat you.....you son of a bitch, you promised me a Super Sniper for my birfday. Where is you been?