• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

how short is AICS 2.0 + 20" barrel?

Re: how short is AICS 2.0 + 20" barrel?

I'd like to know also, but I guess I can wait until I get mine all set up so I know for sure.

This is what I'm guessing though. From the Accuracy International brochure a 20" barrel rifle is 40". It says the 2.0 when folded reduces OAL by 8". So 32" sound about right?

Actually what I'd like to know is, how wide is the rifle when the stock is folded.

I downloaded some pictures from the forum calculated with Photoshop got similar result 32"
laugh.gif

33" long, measured veritcally from the tip of the rifle to the bottom of the pistol grip.

5" wide, measured for the hinge sling loop to the butt stock pad

Will fit in a Pelican 1720.
laugh.gif

Easily fit into a 1720. I have my ltr in 1720(non-folding). My 2.0 custom with a 21 inch barrel fits into a storm m3100. Internal length is 36 inches. I would put it in a pelican 1700. Inside dimensions of that is 35 3/4. I wanted the 2.0 for that exact reason. I drive a freaking jetta and none of my gun cases fit in the stupid thing. Now I walk out to my car, throw the case in the trunk and drive away. Go with the pelican 1700. I really like the storm cases. They are just as durable as the pelicans I have, but the latches are 1000 times better.

But oh so pretty. If only, but I live in Canada, no suppressors up here.

Would a 24" AW folder fit in a Pelican 1700 or Storm m3100 if stored diagonally? If not, would cutting the barrel to 22" do the trick? I'll be transporting the rifle in a Jetta like one of the other posters, and it doesn't look like a Pelican 1720 will fit in the trunk.

I intend to order a can for the rifle and was thinking to start with the 24" barrel and have it cut and threaded.

—Andreas

Was curious and measured mine. It goes 32 to 33 inches from the crown to pistol handle. Mine has a tuning fork aka AAC blackout on mine so this is a rough measurement.
20aics.jpg