• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns How they make the Colt 1911 pistols...

Re: How they make the Colt 1911 pistols...

That was pretty sweet. I wish they would fit their slide to the actual reciver its going to be on when it leaves the factory not some generic reciver that's been sitting on that bench for who knows how long!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razerok1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was pretty sweet. I wish they would fit their slide to the actual reciver its going to be on when it leaves the factory not some generic reciver that's been sitting on that bench for who knows how long! </div></div>

My thoughts exactly.

If that's how much filing/fitting goes on with a production 1911, I can't even begin to imagine how much hand fitting is done with the semi-custom and full-on custom 1911's! damn!!

Thanks for sharing the video link!

-G45

Who thought making guns could suck so much. I would hate all those jobs.

Colt's have not impressed me overall. I think they were at the top of their game a couple of decades ago. You can get alot more for alot less today.

Good video though.