• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How tight should Tikka t3 deluxe wood stock recoil lug fit?

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
This is a new gun just (old stock) manufactured in 2007. I had a t3 lite 25-06 at one time in synthetic and it was a bear to get the barreled action out of the stock and back in. It seemed to be because of the recoil lug to stock fit. With this new t3 Deluxe model 270 win. in wood stock the recoil lug just falls out and, the barreled action just lifts out of the stock unlike, the t3 lite synthetic stock. Is this normal or should I bed the lug into the stock? Also, this is an upgraded precision steel lug I ordered instead of the factory aluminum lug but, they both fall out. All help would be greatly appreciated as I haven't even shot it yet. Thanks!

Don't worry about the fit of the action into the stock, just make sure that the action is firmly seated against the lug before you tighten the action screws. It would be good to bed the lug into the stock, making sure there is good contact between the back of the lug and the back of the lug slot. Did you get the lug from us? Also, if you are bedding things, it wouldn't hut to bed the action into the wood stock if you've got the know-how.
Justin

This is where I got the lug from https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=448 I don't know if they can tell me how to go about bedding the lug or not I thought maybe I could use J&B Weld since I can get it local and it shouldn't take very much?. Wish I'd known about you selling lugs sorry, I'll be sure to check out your web site though and appreciate your help very much!

Just checked your site heck I could have saved money and got epoxy included, Darn it I screwed up again.