• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to bankrupt ranges??? It’s for safety

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
I knew they'd try this a few years after pushing the ban through on lead ammo for all hunting. The lead ammo ban initially started only in the coastal condor zones, then went state wide a few years later.

I just had to work up all new non lead loads for my ground squirrel guns as the lead ammo ban for all hunting is now in effect state wide. Sucks, because I had some really, really accurate lead bullet loads and a ton of bullets on the shelf.

Sure, I found some excellent non lead loads, but the substantially higher bullet prices suck, the much lower BC for the same weight bullet sucks, and the lower density non lead bullets means if you want to run the high BC non lead bullets you'll probably have to junk all your current barrels and go faster twist to stabilize the higher BC lead free bullets because they're so much longer than the lead equivalent.

And as recent events in VA, AZ, and elsewhere have shown, expect this same crap to show up in a legislative session in another state in a few years...

Last edited: