• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing how to become a gunsmith? (in GA)

CrushDaddy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
mid,ga.
I know this sounds like a dumb question, also may be the wrong place, but I have looked into it for awhile and can't seem to get my head around what I am supposed to do.

I am looking for somewhere in middle GA, to become a master gunsmith. My wife and I have three kids and I worked while she went to school for nursing, now it is my turn to go to school and I am set on becoming a gunsmith.

I have always been good with my hands, fixing everything from engines to X-Boxes, but firearms have always had my heart and attention. Now with three beautiful kids to tend to I can't just up and move so I am looking for a way to get my certificate and stay in the general middle Ga. area. any help would be great guys thanks =)

Re: how to become a gunsmith? (in GA)

Talk to Jered at Patriot Arms or is it American Precision Arms. APA is in GA.

Cheers,

Doc

Re: how to become a gunsmith? (in GA)

Give these guys a try they can help you get into a apprenticeship program or at least get you started, they charge nothing for their help. I have worked with them for several years as a volunteer and they really go out of their way to help. www.taogart.org