• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to / Can I adjust sear height on Triggertech Diamond?

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    Switched to Triggertech Diamonds from Bix TacSport Pros.

How do I / Can I even adjust the sear height on a Diamond? I'm super familiar with how to do it on my Bix, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to do on the Trigger Tech if at all. Please advise...or does anyone know if this is a Triggertech warranty somethingorother?

Here are two different Fuzion actions with Diamonds. The one on the left if giving me problems. I should be able to reliably cycle the bolt and have the sear engage and hold back the firing pin. If I did that 100 times, it seems like maybe five to six times it won't engage. This happens when I actually cycle the bolt all the way back or when I simply lift the bolt and close it. Also if I cycle the bolt with my thumb on the Shroud it seems more likely that the sear will not engage.

It doesn't matter which bolt I use, it happens on both.

It may just be my eyes but it does seem as though the sear on the left sits ever so slightly lower than the one on the right....tell me Im wrong.

1000022645.jpg
    1000022658.jpg
    1000022654.jpg

Last edited:
    Interesting, there seems to be a few actions that seem to be on the edge of Sear non-engagement (failure to lock occasionally), it seems to be across a couple of brands, I wonder if it is wear. I have TT diamonds on numerous actions and fired them a fair amount but no failures. I wonder if it is TT Missing tolerances on a few triggers or that their nominal protrusion misses on actions with tolerance stackups on the high side. Either way TT could solve it by changing their sear height a thousandth or so.
    Either way TT will exchange your problematic trigger for a new one if you contact them.